Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » PID read speed

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PID read speed
Vasilich
Post PID read speed - speed adjusted
on: February 21, 2022 (GMT)

thanks Ian for such a great app as Torque!
I made some experiments with my ELM327 clone with USB connection and want to share my results with others.

So, adapter used: chinese ELM327 unit with PIC18f25k80, connected via built-in serial-USB converter FTDI232 to headunit based on Intel SoPHIA/Android 6.
default baudrate for ELM is 38.4 kbaud, and with this default setting i got about 50 PIDs/s according to Torque adapter information screen.
Then i have tried to set communication speed for ELM to higher speed – first 57.6k, then 115.2k, and stopped on 230kbaud. Even with this setting the connection establishment and further work remain stable, and speed is 100 PIDs/s. I assume that this 100 PIDs/s is either limited from my ECU (Honda CR-V via ISO15765-4 29bit 500k protocol), or limited by Torque benchmark/app.
Here are screenshots of Torque benchmark for 57.6k (around 85 PIDs/s)

and for 230k (max speed seen was 100.3 PIDs/s)

I haven’t tried to set 500k for ELM, because i haven’t seen such speed in Torque USB speed settings (there is only one left – 460k). But i am satisfied with read speed now.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: PID read speed
on: February 22, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks – I’ll see if I can add the faster speeds (it’s down to the external USB code I use which might not support them for all adapters). Also the max on the benchmark screen also needs improving so I’ll do that soon too

Edit: Added 1.5M and 500K baud rates to the .89 update (in development) – these may be serial chip dependant though as not all of them support the higher rates

Though minimal gains seen using 500k from slower speeds, it the limitation will likely be the adapter or ECU being used (the nature of request->response doesn’t help) may be faster for streamed data like in monitor mode.

babe
on: May 25, 2022 (GMT)

Hi,
How do you set the baudrate ?
is it “AT+UART” ?

I have tried in my OBD_Wifi,
…19.2kbps…57.6k, 115.2k … all not working.
it only works in 38.4kbps
What’s a pity.

Vasilich

yes, i first changed speed for ELM serial interface (AT PP 0c SV …), and then set that speed in Torque (or other software).
No idea whether it will work for BT or WiFi – i use ELM connected via USB (as i wrote in my 1st post).

babe

I’ve opened the case but it doesn’t has PIC18f25k80.
But the spec. said support 460.8kbps
As I know most serial chip support Hi-speed which is higher than standard 115.2kbps.
But mine still stuck in 38.4k.

BTW have you also used AT+UART to change the baudrate ?

babe

Have been playing around the commands but fail.
I can change all other registers,
atpp01sv pp02 pp03… all are changeable,
But atpp0csv just got “?”, can’t change any value even write the default 68.
Not sure maybe that is not support in BT WIFI dongle.

Vasilich
on: June 7, 2022 (GMT)

then you have just faked adapter with poor emulation of ELM327 (as it doesn’t support AT PP..)
What is the answer to request “AT PPS” ?

babe
on: June 8, 2022 (GMT)

It support ATPPS,
and able to use ATPP..to change all other value,
Except the baud rate.

According the firmware log, the command to change baud rate has been disabled since old version.
But no old version for download.

However when talk (email) to the developer,
They just said no need to change the value,
The baud rate is dynamic…
Ton of BS!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.

Follow me on twitter