Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Almost everything shows as 'Not avail' on Emissions Readiness s/DTC and Current Drive Cycle Status panels

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Almost everything shows as 'Not avail' on Emissions Readiness s/DTC and Current Drive Cycle Status panels
Casout
Post Almost everything shows as 'Not avail' on Emissions Readiness s/DTC and Current Drive Cycle Status panels
on: February 20, 2022 (GMT)

The vehicle is a 2009 Kia Rio.

In the Emissions Readiness panel, the only things showing results are ‘Components’ and ‘System Type’. Everything else is listed as not available.

In the Current Drive Cycle Status panel, only Components lists as complete. Everything else is not available.

If trying to gather test results, I’m presented with an “ECU does not appear to support mode ”.

I was hoping to be able to verify that all readiness tests were completed before taking the vehicle in to get a smog test. Is there anything that I can do about this?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Almost everything shows as

Hi!

There’s likely very little that can be done here – the ECU is basically telling the app “I don’t support this, this, or this”. So that information isn’t available (this is usually set by the manufacturer and generally information is only available if required by legislation)

Sometimes all that is available is an indicator that the emissions tests have completed (therefore at that point a fault code will be generated or won’t be, depending if the ECU thinks everything is fine or not) – in some countries (depending on model-year of vehicle, etc), this is all that is required to pass emissions testing

Casout

Thanks for the timely reply.

Sometimes all that is available is an indicator that the emissions tests have completed

Is there any way to view this indicator, if it exists?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

That’s the emissions readiness panel which, if they say completed, then the available tests for that ECU have run

Casout

Thanks, once again.

Great tool. Have a good one.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.

Follow me on twitter