Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » TorqueScan update (rewrite - beta on google play)

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TorqueScan update (rewrite - beta on google play)
piemmm
Administrator
Post TorqueScan update (rewrite of plugin)
on: February 20, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

The new TorqueScan is out – It is phone & tablet friendly, and I think it’s 99% feature complete (I still have some links to PID editing and stuff to add) but obviously you all might want a lot of different features as well adding!

If you find something broken or you would like a feature added then please comment below (preferably with a short description of what you’re trying to achieve with it as well) and I’ll see if I can add it in this update cycle

Note: Make sure you update Torque Pro to the latest version as well

Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: TorqueScan update (rewrite - beta on google play)
on: February 20, 2022 (GMT)

This post is just for any known issues with the current beta (or release):

* Known issue if using custom init where protocol is not set, mainly affects PID scanning(pending fix)

Vasilich
on: February 21, 2022 (GMT)

updated to latest versions of torque and TorqueScan. Now when starting TorqueScan plugin, the torque app crashes instantly. I have sent crash report, but not sure you have received it, as it is not a debug log.
Is there any possibility for me to help to find the root of that issue?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

(not seen anything yet but it sometimes takes a while for the debugs to come through from the play store)

Can you try rebooting the device and seeing if that makes a change – sometimes (I’ve seen on samsungs) the JIT compiler on the device bugs out and causes a crash (is this the head unit?)

piemmm
Administrator

Both app and plugin are updated now – 2.0.3 for plugin, and 1.12.87 for app – I can’t reproduce the error on these now so hopefully it will just work

Vasilich

will reboot asap. Yes, this happens only on my HU.

BTW, is there any possibility to list and temporarily disable installed plugins? Maybe TorqueScan interferes with other plugins i have installed…

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

TorqueScan won’t do anything until you tap the icon – it’s completely dormant until the activity is started by tapping the plugin icon

I think the fueleconomy plugin does do stuff automatically though

piemmm
Administrator

Think I found the issue – another themes ‘gotcha’ on android 5+ (but not on the latest versions). I’ll see if I can get that sorted

Vasilich

yes that’s what i meant – can other plugins like FuelEco somehow interfere with TorqueScan plugin and prevent it to start properly?

Anywa, gonna go to my car, update T+TS, reboot and report back whether it helps

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok I’ve finished fixing the issue now and the update (2.0.4) is just pending approval by google then it’ll be available

Mohy

HI,

Would be nice if it can continuously display the rx payload for a pid or range of PID’s.. Would make it tremendously easier to monitor which bytes change to what.. For analysis.

Like just add a ‘Continuous’ check button. So as soon as it finishes the scan it would scan again the same pid(s).

Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yep – Hopefully that’s what the PID explorer will do when it’s finished (it’s a bit basic at the moment just showing bytes to variable name)

Hopefully this/next week will give me the time to get that bit finished

Vasilich

updated both app and plugin – yes, new version works! Even without reboot.
Only 2 small UI issues:

1. As you see, the open and save buttons have same icon (twice “save” floppy icon).
2. probably because of my font size in Android set to large, there are some align issues in fields for header, mode, start and sop PIDs.

Mohy
on: February 22, 2022 (GMT)

Quote from admin on February 21, 2022
Hi!

Yep – Hopefully that’s what the PID explorer will do when it’s finished (it’s a bit basic at the moment just showing bytes to variable name)

Hopefully this/next week will give me the time to get that bit finished

Super! That’s even better than what I hoped for, if it will show values of variable names instead of just raw byte stream… Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

May have misread your original post a bit :-) If you tap on the green squares (like the screenshot above) then you get the PID explorer in its current form which has the variable mapping (but this does not refresh, yet)

But the scanner (in the screenshot) does already refresh the visible scans once the scan is finished, so you will get the current data (it’s set to update about once per second, I’ll probably increase that a little)

Vasilich: I’ll sort that out – it’s text sizing in the wrong units

Capp777

Some of the preset OBD commands are off the screen in portrait and landscape displays.

Can a swipe ability be added to access the off-screen
commands?

On the pid scanner, Start PID field underline is not in
alignment with the Stop PID field?

Unlike the previous poster, my device shows a Disk icon with
a “Load” label, then another Disk icon with the “Save” label.

Pseudo control down arrow not working?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The presets are in a scrollpane – simply drag them left and right and you will be able to get to them all

Pseudo control should be working fine it’s just a normal android dropdown so tap the text or arrow it should show 2 options

I’m sorting the other bits out :)

Steffe2

I can’t seem to scroll them either, but maybe you have to be connected for that to work? Since you can’t select the text field either.

Mohy

Quote from admin on February 22, 2022
Hi!

May have misread your original post a bit :-) If you tap on the green squares (like the screenshot above) then you get the PID explorer in its current form which has the variable mapping (but this does not refresh, yet)

But the scanner (in the screenshot) does already refresh the visible scans once the scan is finished, so you will get the current data (it’s set to update about once per second, I’ll probably increase that a little)

This is cool… Great update.. Awaiting the pid refresh then.

Capp777

Good point. I was playing with options
offline, not connected to vehicle.
Thanks!

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.

Follow me on twitter