Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Feb 13th Android update problems

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feb 13th Android update problems
June Bug 91
Post Feb 13th Android update problems
on: February 20, 2022 (GMT)

Howdy! Hope all is well.
I have been using this app for a while now, however since the early Feb update my adapter will not connect to the ECU of my 02 LB7 Duramax. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Just a Southern guy with a truck

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Feb 13th Android update problems

Hi!

Are you on the beta track or the normal app version (If you go to settings->Adapter settings(scroll down) the version number is there

Edit: It’s probably the .80 version from the date – I’m going to be releasing 1.12.86 later today on the full app track so that should hopefully fix any issues (an issue was discovered with some of the clone adapters which can be a bit flakey and I’ve added some extra code around that in the .83+ updates to fix that)

Edit2: .86 is now release on the normal app track so you should be able to get the update now with fixes

June Bug 91

Thank you for getting back to me! I will look into it now

June Bug 91

I installed the new update from this morning, but it still won’t connect my ECU. I’m using a BAFX Elm327 adapter under the J1850 VPW 10.4k protocol on an Android phone. My truck is a 02 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Just bought another adapter to see if mine crapped the bed but there was no change.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok – can you do the following:

* Go into the app settings->special settings->enable debugging

* Quit and restart the app

* Let the app try to connect via the adapter to the vehicle for about 60 seconds

* Go to the ‘realtime information’ screen, press menu->send debugging info

* Type your forum name in the box that pops up and press send, then let me know here when you’ve done that (so I can then find and look at the debug)

Usually it’s something simple like the wrong bluetooth device, or something in the vehicle profile like the wrong protocol being set by accident – the debug will show us where the issue is

(It is worth noting though that J1850 is one of the protocols that the clones do seem to fail on, but the debug will show us a lot more about what is going on and where the problem is)

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!
(just seen the debugs already sent)
You have ATZ in your custom init – that’ll break everything on the comms setup when the app tries to connect

Use ATI only if you must use a custom init, otherwise it should be blank for your type of vehicle setup :)

From the debug, it looks like you can:

* Leave the custom init blank
* Untick the use alternate header box

And it should just start working. Alternatively, create a default (empty) profile, then select it, and use that and it should also work

June Bug 91
on: February 21, 2022 (GMT)

Awesome! Created a new profile and left custom init/alternate header blank and it connected right away. Thank you! Not sure why, but I needed those settings added before when I didn’t get readings for my Injector balance rates. On a separate torque support forum for Duramax engines this was the common fix. (worth noting it was about 6 or so years old). Regardless, I appreciate the help and I’m grateful for the quick responses. Thank you

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.

Follow me on twitter