Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Units that can be converted - documented?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Units that can be converted - documented?
Vasilich
Post Units that can be converted - documented?
on: February 15, 2022 (GMT)

Hello Ian,
i know that Torque can automatically convert some units depending on torque settings. But to do this, torque need to recognize (at least for custom PIDs) that this PID has this unit.
E.g. “°C” or “deg.C” should be recognized as temperature in degrees of Celsius.
Is it documented somewhere, what units can be recognized for possible automatic conversion? like mBar/Bar/kPa/Pa for pressure, km/m for lenght, etc.?

I tried to set the unit for one of my custom PIDs that shows minutes after DPF regeneration, but it still shows 683 minutes not converting it to hours:minutes. What is the correct unit name for minutes? Or do you do automatic display conversion to H:M:S / D:H only for seconds?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Units that can be converted - documented?
on: February 16, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

If the base units are ‘s’ (seconds) then they’ll be automatically converted in the readout-style displays when the value becomes large enough

The rest of the unit conversions with a couple of special cases for C to F conversions (because not everyone knows how (and therefore doesn’t bother) to enter a degree symbol easily on the keyboard) and currency symbols

“hp,kW”
“kg,lbs”
“km/h,mph”
“km,miles”
“\u00B0c,\u00B0f”
“c,\u00B0f” ;
“ft,m”
“kpa,psi”
“bar,psi”
“bar,kpa”
“nm,ft-lb”
“g/s,cfm”
CURRENCY+”/m,”+CURRENCY+”/km”
“gal/s,l/s”
“gal,l”
“gal/min,cc/min”
“gal/hr,l/hr”

Is the latest beta working well?

Vasilich

Ok, only for seconds. My PID returns value in minutes, but i can multiply it with 60 to get proper displaying :)

Would you consider to document this valuable information somewhere in Wiki? for us to be able to reference to it later when conversion questions arise.

About last beta .79 – there is smth worse with recovering from that special transition “Adapter there, but ECU is off” -> “everything is on”. But i need to test it more, and report it back in appropriate thread as soon as i get steps to reproduce.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yes I’ll get it into the wiki at some point when things calm down a bit with updates and I’ve completed TorqueScans update as well

.80 is out – I noticed some things in debugs from other users which may or may not affect you as well (it was canbus related). I’m doing small bugfixes only on the OBD code now so things should stabilise a bit in the next few updates

Vasilich
on: February 17, 2022 (GMT)

tested .80 – no connection issues so far.

But i have an issue with automatic conversion of number of seconds to M:S/H:M:S or whatever it can show.

I just set units to “s” in my pid having value 165, expecting it to show “2:45”, but it always show “0:0”. I tried to multiply minutes value to 60 – no changes in display, same “0:0”. As soon as i set other unit ti this PID (“min”, “minutes”, anything except “s”) it displays “165” as before.
What i am doing wrong?

piemmm
Administrator

Morning!

I’ll look at this this morning and see if I can reproduce – which display type are you using?

Vasilich

Good morning :)
i have tested it with digital display
https://imgur.com/a/hEwqMpY
first screenshot – value of this PID (multiplied to 60)
second screenshot, lower right display – “DPF ????? ?/?” = “00:00”

P.S. this forum engine doesn’t support unicode, so I cannot write exact name of the display, but it is in the lowest row in most right position.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks – found and fixed will be in the .81 beta later today!

Edit: Now live in beta pending googles checks

Vasilich
on: February 18, 2022 (GMT)

confirmed fixing display of H:M:S for “s” as unit in latest beta.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.

Follow me on twitter