Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Track Recorder not using SD card on Galaxy S5

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Track Recorder not using SD card on Galaxy S5
bluesight
Post Track Recorder not using SD card on Galaxy S5
on: February 14, 2022 (GMT)

I see old threads about this maybe being solved and maybe not being solved. In my case, the selected location option looks to be absolutely correct in pointing at my 15G SD card:

/storage/A5D8-D5B9/Android/data/org.prowl.recorder.files (15G total, 15G free)

The other unselected options use /storage/emulated… with (11G total, 4G free) …so those are definitely in the phone proper.

Seems like it should work, but all recordings end up in the phone proper with only a few G of memory for recording. Nothing shows up in the SD card space at Android/data/org.prowl.recorder.files

As with past threads, the question is “is there a fix?”. I didn’t see anything to apply, though it was hard to do a very comprehensive search. From what I see, this does appear to be a particular problem for Galaxy Sx phone. My older LG phone doesn’t have the problem.

Tnx…

bluesight
Post Re: Track Recorder not using SD card on Galaxy S5

I just checked this again on my old LG phone and it no longer puts track recorder files on the SD card. I think that means the old version I was using of Track Recorder used to work, but the new version doesn’t. Unfortunately, I don’t have a record of which version used to be on my LG phone since I just updated it a day or two ago when I installed Torque Pro on my “newer” S5 phone. The LG shows similar options for selecting the 15G SD card for recording. It just doesn’t actually use it.

bluesight

Is there an official place to get older versions, like V1.6.128 (most likely the previous version I was using), or back to V1.6.96? I don’t see them at the moment on Play Store. And not too excited about getting them from the 3rd party APK places.

bluesight

OK…I pulled V1.6.128 of Track Replay/Recorder from APKPure (hopefully safe) and it did the same thing as V1.6.130. Then I pulled V1.6.96 and it WORKS…stuck my video on the SD card. I can try to keep running this way. Hopefully, the old version doesn’t cause too many problems. Or, if the new version can get whatever fix to allow it to work like V1.6.96…That would be great!

Thanks!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.

Follow me on twitter