Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Bug: Custom Theme Issue(s)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bug: Custom Theme Issue(s)
FntX
Post Bug: Custom Theme Issue(s)
on: February 13, 2022 (GMT)

Custom Themes won’t load until you go into the settings and back – or even reload the theme entirely. Even after so, it is still required to switch apps so the theme gets loaded.

Here’s a demonstration of what is happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3JVqHAss8

The theme used in this video can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lzE96i-3_y48NKqNArP91ZpiRhFYAqNL/view?usp=sharing

I’m running Android 11 (Lineage os) on an Odroid N2(4gb) but i was also able to reproduce this behavior on a Oneplus 7 Pro and Samsung S20 Ultra varying between android 9 and android 11.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Bug: Custom Theme Issue(s)

Hi!

Should be fixed in .75 released this morning, unfortunately this was a change I made (and then was sidetracked) so it skipped testing, however it has now been fixed

FntX

Great!

But there’s still the problem that i need to switch applications in order to have all backgrounds applied to all dials.
Only built-in PIDs work right away as you can see here:

– Water, boost and GPS are working right away
– My custom PIDs (included in theme package) won’t load directly

https://youtu.be/PhHoKaLNlFk

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ah, ok I see what you mean. I’ll look at that as it’s something I’ve not setup a test for. Im in the middle of updating TorqueScan at the moment so this may need to wait until Monday/Tuesday before I can get it sorted

FntX

Good to hear. That’s something i was wrestling with for a long time but while it doesn’t affect the functionality of the app itself it’s getting kinda annoying. As a side note: i was running a very old build until now since i got a bug with the usb obd adapter starting with some version of torque and the old android os. I hoped this issue was solved with the latest version but yeah – here we are :)

Just out of curiosity: Is there any chance to have this feature also available for virtual PIDs? I’d love to theme my BHP meter too!

Anyways – thank you very much for the quick heads up!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’ll try to sort something out for virtual PIDs as well (because they have no PID as such I’ll need to do something slightly different)

Can you send your current theme to ian@prowl.org (so I can test with it)?

FntX
on: February 14, 2022 (GMT)

I attached the theme in the first post. The PIDs in question are also included as an export (csv). It’s tailored to the N47 engine and instructions are also included.

Just from the standpoint of simplicity I would, in general, prefer selecting the background by the normalized and sanitized short or long name of the PID. It’s easier to remember than the hex values anyway and additionally more descriptive in the theme file structure.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.028 seconds.

Follow me on twitter