Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Ext PIDs broken

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ext PIDs broken
Misa
Post Ext PIDs broken
on: January 29, 2022 (GMT)

It seems on the newest non-beta update, the external PIDs for infiniti stopped working. They will read once, then never update. This happens both in guage mode, and under torque scan.

Both the Infiniti Advanced plug-in, and manually entered PIDs, do this. Was working until recently.

Any ideas?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Ext PIDs broken

Hi!

Is this working on the beta version? (this will point to if it’s already fixed, and where the issue may be)

Misa

Just signed up for the beta. I’ll check in a few, update and get back to you. Thanks for the quick response!

Misa

No luck. It is still broken in the beta as well. It also forgets my usb adapter on each restart now too.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok, a few more bits of information needed:

Have you recently done an android update? If so, what version are you running?

The approximate date or version you noticed it not working (so I can check my code repository around those dates for relevant changes)

What does the ‘test’ function on the ext pids you have manually entered say (a screeshot would be helpful)

Misa

Quote from admin on January 29, 2022
Hi!

Ok, a few more bits of information needed:

Have you recently done an android update? If so, what version are you running?

The approximate date or version you noticed it not working (so I can check my code repository around those dates for relevant changes)

What does the ‘test’ function on the ext pids you have manually entered say (a screeshot would be helpful)

Android Version: 9

No system updates. This unit it installed in my racecar permanently. I only connect to internet for music, sometimes play store updates a few apps like YouTube music and Maps, and torque apparently.

The pids worked until January 9th i think. But December was perfectly fine, had fastest read speeds. 270 per sec. Recent update dropped to 30 per sec.

The first poll of the sensor (in this case oil temp) returns valid data. Any following attempt return no data until torque is reloaded.

Here is the PID information for one of them.

OBD PID: 221111
Long Name: Fuel Temperature
Short Name: Fuel
Min Value: 0
Max Value: 150
Scale: 1x
Unit: °F
Equation: (9/5*(A-50)+32)
OBD Header:
Diag Start: 10C0
Diag Stop: 1081
Min Refresh: 0

That last one is new, I don’t recall seeing that before.

Testing the pid results in “no response”.

Start Diag Response: 50C0
Command: 221111
Response: 62111149
Stop Diag Response: 5081

Again, this one was working until earlier this month.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Brilliant, exactly what I needed – I can setup a test and see what’s up. Will post when I have something

Last of all (forgot to mention this) what protocol is the ECU Using (in the adapter settings, should say the protocol once connected)

As a side note – Torque will auto convert units (in the settings) so the equation can do away with all the 9/5 stuff and simply be A-50 with the units set to C

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Currently testing this on my test setup with the responses provided and it appears to be working….

Could really do with knowing which protocol you are using, and another simple test (incase some previous PID is messing things up (though as you’re getting a response and its not parsing it(which is weird) it it likely not that))

Can you remove all the PIDs except that one and tell me if it’s working, alternatively you could zip your installation up (using the new export option in the settings) get the zip file, prune any trips out of it – if you don’t want me to see the trips (I don’t really care :)) and then simply send the zip file to me (which basically will duplicate your current installation and settings and I’ll be able to have a duplicate setup here)

Misa

Quote from admin on January 29, 2022
Hi!

Currently testing this on my test setup with the responses provided and it appears to be working….

Could really do with knowing which protocol you are using, and another simple test (incase some previous PID is messing things up (though as you’re getting a response and its not parsing it(which is weird) it it likely not that))

Can you remove all the PIDs except that one and tell me if it’s working, alternatively you could zip your installation up (using the new export option in the settings) get the zip file, prune any trips out of it – if you don’t want me to see the trips (I don’t really care :)) and then simply send the zip file to me (which basically will duplicate your current installation and settings and I’ll be able to have a duplicate setup here)

ISO 15765-4 CAN 11/500.

Same result trying to run the PID solo.

Tried uninstalling, deleting data, reinstalling. Wiped data from settings menu, same result. Restored data, same result.

Ill get the backup for you.

Misa

I dunno where to send the file so here is a link to drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Gpu1qeYJvHNZyusZQA5iEihR_qNhWvh/view?usp=drivesdk

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks – got it… – one thing I have noticed so far is that you have ‘Use alternate OBD header’ enabled in the vehicle profile – have you tried with that option turned off?

Also, if the infiniti plugin is temporarily uninstalled, do the manual PIDs start working?

Misa

Yes I have tried this. It makes me go from 100 PID’s per second down to less than 30. And then the test results mode doesn’t work without the alternate header.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok thanks – I’m going to have a play here to see if I can reproduce the issue (so far, it’s working even with your settings loaded, which is odd)

Just to confirm (me just being careful) – in the Testing PID screen it definitely says ‘No response’ at the top when the response further down says: ‘621111xx'(where xx is the value)?

I may need to update the beta with some extra debugging (which will let you send me a logfile of what is going on) if I can’t reproduce the issue tonight!

Misa

That is correct. If you would like I could video the situation to make more sense.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks for bearing with me so far on this bug!

Video might not be needed – I’ve made a new beta (1.12.22) which has some debug features enabled – once google approve it and you get the new beta version, if you have a moment spare, could you:

Start the app, go into the settings->Special settings->enable debugging

Quit and restart the app

Immediately go to the PID testing screen whist the app is still connecting to the car and as soon as the car is connected, hit the test button and leave it for a few seconds (until you get a 621111xx response in the lower part of the screen)

Then go to the main dashboard screen, press the menu icon and press the ‘send debugging info’ option on that screen

Type your car name :) in that screen so I can find the debug here and press send (it’ll need an internet connection to do that bit). The debug will be sent to me and I will then have a full picture of why it’s not working for you but it is for me (and can hopefully fix it)

Once you’ve done that, in the special settings screen, there’s also a new option called ‘Force use headers’. Turn that on, quit and restart, and see if that makes a difference!

Misa

<div class=”quote”><p>Quote from admin on January 29, 2022
Hi!

Thanks for bearing with me so far on this bug!

Video might not be needed – I’ve made a new beta (1.12.24) which has some debug features enabled – once google approve it and you get the new beta version, if you have a moment spare, could you:

Start the app, go into the settings->Special settings->enable debugging

Quit and restart the app

Immediately go to the PID testing screen whist the app is still connecting to the car and as soon as the car is connected, hit the test button and leave it for a few seconds (until you get a 621111xx response in the lower part of the screen)

Then go to the main dashboard screen, press the menu icon and press the ‘send debugging info’ option on that screen

Type your car name :) in that screen so I can find the debug here and press send (it’ll need an internet connection to do that bit). The debug will be sent to me and I will then have a full picture of why it’s not working for you but it is for me (and can hopefully fix it)

Once you’ve done that, in the special settings screen, there’s also a new option called ‘Force use headers’. Turn that on, quit and restart, and see if that makes a difference!</p></div>

Sure thing. Thank you so much for your help!

Here is video anyways.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14LqBfyvtO_Wo3s13SkVpZMN2GvPebkSx/view?usp=drivesdk

Misa

Okay, i enabled the debugging mode but cant find the submit debugging info option anywhere.

Tried the force header thing, no luck.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 30, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Ok get the latest update 1.12.26 and the option is in the ‘realtime information’ screen (gear icon, near the bottom of that menu). (the build system on the previous version was configured to remove the debug logs for non-debug builds, which I’ve now restored, apologies)

When it pops up with a box(may take a moment) put the profilename or your forum name in there(so I can locate the debug here) and then press send which should then send the debug to me

Misa

Perfect, got it submitted!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Got and examined, thankyou – I have made some small changes (mostly adding extra debug, and added an adapter/ecu capability check for the ECU & Scantool.net adapter)

1.12.30 is currently being vetted by Google which has the above changes in – If you have the time still, when you get the update if you could perform the same debug routine that should be the final debug I need to see exactly what is going on (if it still doesn’t work with this version!)

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.07 seconds.

Follow me on twitter