Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Custom icons for on/off display

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom icons for on/off display
Mihail Zenkov
Post Custom icons for on/off display
on: January 24, 2022 (GMT)

Since Torque now supports CANBUS monitoring, a complete virtual dashboard can be created. But without separate on/off icons (low beam, high beam, open door, etc.) like on the real panel, it’s much less readable. Is it possible to add the ability to load custom icons from PNG (with alpha channel) to on/off display (first for “on”, second for “off”)? Or create a separate display for this?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Custom icons for on/off display
on: January 24, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Like some form of icon display type (that can also flash when ‘true’ due to indicator stuff just being ‘on’)

Yes. It’ll be a new display, I’ll try to get it into the release cycle (however it may be in a couple of updates time). Keep your eye on the changelogs – I’ll add it to the todo list :)

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 25, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

This is now done and will be in the 1.12.8 beta update in a day or so. Let me know if it’s missing anything after you get the update and try it out!

Mihail Zenkov
on: January 26, 2022 (GMT)

Amazing! Thanks )

Can you add arrows (left and right) for left and right turn?

And it would be great if you could extend “display configuration” to change color and other properties after display has been created.

Vasilich
on: January 26, 2022 (GMT)

and pls make it possible to choose transparent colour – in that case it will be possible to combine several indicators using same icon but different active colour (e.g. blower off/low/high speed) just stacking it one above another.

Vasilich
on: January 27, 2022 (GMT)

tested v12.
still no transparent colour in selection.
in editing mode there is smth wrong with threshold value field – after this field gets focus, the new value won’t be accepted on pressing OK button.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 27, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Ah, just seen this(and I’ve literally just sent out .14 otherwise I would have added it).

I’ll get this into the list, thats a good idea, though you may need to wait until the .16 release to see it (I’m on minor features and bugfixes only now until this beta is complete and released)

Vasilich
on: January 28, 2022 (GMT)

Great.
I have tested it even more:

• in editing mode changes on trigger value and on equation field (equal/less/greater) won’t be saved.
  • Is it possible to make also size changeable in editing mode?
  • And current position in the list of PIDs to select is somewhere in the middle of list and last position isn’t saved (as i already used to when configuring other kinds of displays).
piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The changes not being saved should have already been fixed – can you test in the latest version (.14)

I’ll sort the list position out – the size option is unfortunately a big job at the moment as I need to refactor a lot of legacy code to sort that out so it will need to wait a bit

Edit: list position should also be one of the things already fixed in the .14 update (unless you can show me a vid of it not working as I may not be looking at the same thing?) Update first and see if it’s fixed

Edit: also having a go sorting out the size option

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Size is now done, that’ll be in the next update once you have a moment to let me know if the other two are already fixed :)

Vasilich

installed latest (for now) version and tested:
1. bug with not saving data is gone :)
2. PID list position is also fixed :)
3. small issue appeared (not sure it was OK before though): changing icon doesn’t get updated in edit window, but after pressing OK correct icon is shown on dashboard.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok that should hopefully be fixed as well now – check 1.12.16 when it’s released by google in a hour or so as this is pretty close to release now

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.

Follow me on twitter