Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Sometimes cannot connect

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Sometimes cannot connect
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Sometimes cannot connect
on: February 12, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Yes – I will look at it, possibly tonight or tomorrow for you (unfortunately today I have run out of time for the moment)

Van_Van

Thanks! Torque pro is my favorite program for my car, so I will wait for updates as long as necessary. Sorry for the mistakes, my English is so-so.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

No problem! I have just released .74 which contains some extra debug to look into the remaining issue you have.

Once google approve it, if you could then send the can debug again I can have a look at why those remaining displays are not pulling numbers through.

They should pull 0, (I checked the code), but if they are ‘-‘ then I suspect the equation parser hit an issue, so I need the extra debug to see where)

Edit: it’s now live

Van_Van

Everything worked! Now displays 0 normally. Only for some reason, out of 3, PID on screen 1 is updated much more slowly (by flashing a green indicator) than 2 others. PID 22110604011 is slower to update than the other 2 PIDs on the screen. I submitted 1 bug report on K-Line. I’ll test it even more carefully. When you connect the CAN bus everything works fine! Thank you.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

That’s probably just the auto refresh noticing that the value hasn’t changed in a while

Van_Van
on: February 13, 2022 (GMT)

Hello!

I thoroughly tested .74 everything works fine, except for the benchmark screen, it does not show anything. It didn’t work for me on older versions either.

And one more unusual question. I connect to the engine via K-line and look at the readings, then scroll to another screen with PID start/stop with the command to change the protocol to CAN ATTP6\nATSH7E1\n10C0 in order to view the CVT temperature. Then I swipe the screen to PID start/stop with the protocol change command back to K-line ATTP5\nATSH8110FC\n81 and return to the screen with the engine. There are delays of about 10 seconds during these protocol switches, after which the data starts to display quickly. Is this a feature of the program and can this time be reduced or nothing can be done about it? Is this a feature of the initialization of the ECU and TCM, and this time cannot be reduced? I can see PID’s data coming from the block, but there are delays of about 10 seconds, and then the data goes fast. Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

That’s really something I had never anticipated people doing switching protocols between screen swipes.

There will be a few seconds whilst both sets of sensors are polled (until the previous screen times out – this is by design as people swipe between screens quickly or some other background process(logging, etc) polls that particular sensor for info and is likely switching between both protocols temporarily

You can send a debug, however I’m not sure it will be possible to get things going much faster (I can look however and see if I can spot anything for this paticular use case – most of the time will be spent in adapter inits) Edit: thinking about it, it *might* be possible to improve, but I’ll need a debug (with your forum name!) in order to setup a test system here

Van_Van

Thanks!

I see that the data from the block has already appeared, but it takes another 8 – 10 seconds until the data starts to display quickly. Those. block initialization has already passed, but the data is displayed with a delay.

What’s the best way to make a bug report? Connect, scroll through the screens with different protocols and then click send a bug report?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yep literally exactly how you’ve said, as soon as the screen gets _some_ data on it, swipe to the next, don’t wait

The wait time will probably switching back to the other protocol, but the debug will show exactly what is going on

Any updates to this will have to wait until the next feature updates on the beta release (this is a few days away as I’m working through yet more device_manufacturer/android/adapter bluetooth connection oddities for a few users at the moment)

Van_Van

No problem! I will wait as long as it takes. Debug posted under the name “from Van_Van protocol swipe SP5 to SP6”.

Van_Van
on: February 17, 2022 (GMT)

Quote from admin on February 13, 2022
Any updates to this will have to wait until the next feature updates on the beta release (this is a few days away as I’m working through yet more device_manufacturer/android/adapter bluetooth connection oddities for a few users at the moment)

Hello!
Failed to speed up protocol switching when swiping the screen? I saw in the changelog such an item “* Improve behavior where custom init strings are used in multi ECU environment”. Or does it not apply to me? On version .80, I did not notice any acceleration of reading when swiping. Please clarify. Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

I’ve not looked at the protocol speedups yet other than a quick look at the debug which didn’t show any obvious areas where a speedup may be able to be implemented when switching between 2 different signalling protocols

I will try to look at this again once I have can start working on feature releases (at the moment I’m now only doing bugfixes again and working on the TorqueScan plugin update)

Van_Van

I’m understood, thank you! I’ll wait, maybe something happens later.

Vasilich

Hi Ian, me again :(
tested latest betas – same behaviour as much earlier – torque cannot connect after state change “OBD Adapter on, ECU off” -> “OBD adapter on, ECU on”. Sent debug log. (actually sent 2 logs, but please ignore second one – it was interferred by other software). As soon as i disconnect adapter from OBD and connect it again – torque gets connected on 2 seconds.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

When you’re going to send a debug please quit and restart the app just before(this clears the debug log for that app session so I get a fresh copy each time of the entire ECU setup)

But looking at the debug sent so far, I’m not able to reproduce the issue – I can see why it’s happening, but the normal flow of comms isn’t correct as a large chunk is missing – it might be worth temporarily disabling the ‘fuel economy’ plugin to see if that makes a difference as well

If you could send another debug after a fresh start of the app when you are able I will be able to dig into this further

Edit: I’ll put some extra debug into the .82 beta as well

Edit2: I think I can now see what’s going on – excessive ‘no data’ replies from the ECU because it’s not responding properly causes a reconfiguration attempt to see if things will work after that. I’ll see what I can do for the .83 update tomorrow, debug not required at the moment (but would be helpful if you find yourself with a spare moment)

Vasilich
on: February 18, 2022 (GMT)

sure. will update to latest version that will be available tomorrow noon, and then send clean debug log.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks! .83 is being approved so hopefully that will be out before you test – I have made a couple of changes to the way the ECU is timed out and added some more debug as well just in case

kidanov

Hello, I have a computer with the Windows 11 operating system. It became possible to run Android programs on this system. The program starts and runs but does not find the bluetooth adapter. The adapter is connected to the USB port. There is a separate Samsung tablet with the program and it works great. Without a wired mouse, it sees perfectly. Is there any possibility to do something in this direction. Adapter OBDLink MX + OBD2. When connecting, I turn off everything superfluous.

Vasilich

ask Microsoft how to use bluetooth in emulator. It has nothting to do with Torque itself.

Vasilich

Good evening, Ian.
I have tested latest .83 – everything is good again :) cannot force the “not connecting” state. thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.

Follow me on twitter