Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Sometimes cannot connect

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Sometimes cannot connect
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Sometimes cannot connect
on: February 10, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

So did it work? :)

Vasilich

haven’t yet updated. Gonna do it in couple of hours and check.
Is .67 already approved by Google?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

.68 has been ‘approved’ and is looking good for a main app update if all goes well!

Vasilich

Installed and tested. Looks good! all dials are updating directly after connect.

Another issue – statusbar is now misplaced https://imgur.com/a/fuk920r started only with this version. Sorry for that :/

My HU has screen resolution 1024×600, 161DPI, large font. Android 6.0.1

Steffe2

It’s also hidden behind the camera on at least Samsung S20, but it’s been like that for as long as I can remember.

Can’t really take a screenshot of it though, as the phone will take a(n) (im)proper screenshot with the camera missing 😀

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Arg! The status bar was misplaced on some handsets (behind the android notification bar) which I’ve tried to correct (well, it works on the S21 and pixel phones now)

Welcome to the wonders of android ‘cutouts’ (camera holes) different sized navbars, and landscape orientations. On android it’s a bit of a mess. I thought I had caught all the use cases for this one, obviously not.

The good news is that the OBD stuff doesn’t need changing anymore, so it’ll continue to work – I’ll just need to sort this navbar out – thanks for the heads up!

(Edit: I’ll also see what I can do about making the fonts auto-size better so the dial titles fit better, and that car icon is in the wrong place – I’ll sort that too)

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 11, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

.69 is pending approval which should sort the icon positioning and the status bar locations out (or at least it works on all the devices I could get my hands on here, so it should be sorted!). The title text on displays will need to wait until the feature updates start (probably next week) as it’s a bit more work

Vasilich
on: February 11, 2022 (GMT)

Tested with .70 – status bar problem and not aligned car symbol are fixed! Ian, thanks for fast response and support!

About dial labels: No problem at all, it wasn’t my intention to point to it as an unwanted behaviour or so.
But i got an another idea: is it possible to get 2 lines of dial header? sometimes the short descriptions are too short to get the idea what this dial displays in one line…

Van_Van
on: February 12, 2022 (GMT)

Hello!
New version of Torque 1.12.70 does not connect to the ECU engine on Nissan JDM on K-Line and to the TCM on CAN bus. The previous version 1.12.59 works. The car does not support the OBD2 standard, only Consult. I sent you a bug report with two attempts to connect via K-Line and CAN bus. Thank you.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks – I will look into this today- are you enrolled in the beta?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks for the debug – I can see what the issue with the custom init is and I’m fixing it in .71 (which will be released in beta shortly)

If you could test once you have the update and let me know (or send another debug with your forum name so I can easily locate it) that’d be great.

As a bonus, hardware acceleration is now enabled on all devices as I eventually got to the bottom of the screen corruption

Van_Van

Quote from admin on February 12, 2022
are you enrolled in the beta?

No. The Play Market writes that the maximum number of people participate in the beta testing program. I can’t join.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok I’ve made a change to that now which (if you reboot in about 30 minutes) should enable you to refresh that page and join the beta!

Edit: .71 is now just pending approval at Googles side

Van_Van

OK. I will try to join. Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

No problem – update is live now so hopefully you will be able to do both

Van_Van

I became a beta tester. The .71 version connects successfully to the engine on the K-Line and to the TCM on the CAN bus. But the devices do not display anything, there is a “-” symbol on the device. If you press the Test button in the PID editor, you can see that the data is being read. I sent you 2 bug reports.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

The 22112304 pid looks odd (it has 2 bytes more than it should) – if you are using manual responses (which I recommned against as Torque does this itself) then it should not have the 04 at the end and should just be ‘2211234’

If you’re not using manual responses, then the PID for mode 22 should be just 221123

Van_Van

PID 22 12 01 04 01 works and displays data. But I use PID manual mode 22 12 01 04 01 1 This record format does not display data (“-“). Same problem with CAN bus. PID 2101 works and displays data, but 2101b does not. The previous version 1.12.59 displayed 1 and b at the end well. Automatic query optimization in Torque does not always work. That’s why I use manual optimization, it always works. I sent 2 bug reports. Thanks!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

There were several fixes further up the stack fixed the lack of optimisation for PIDs like this, so at the moment your PIDs are coming through as:

1644671375935{– 2211030401<13>
1644671376035–} 62110392
1644671376036{– 2212010401<13>
1644671376187–} 6212010000 (note 0 reads may cause the display to show ‘-‘ until nonzero is read)

(without the ‘b’ – though I have now just fixed that so in the .73 update it should work which I’ll stick in beta in a few moments once I’ve finished testing)

Edit: .73 is now approved on google and this should hopefully fix your issue and speed things up a little

Van_Van

Quote from admin on February 12, 2022
(note 0 reads may cause the display to show ‘-‘ until nonzero is read)

Only this problem remained in version .73 While the value 0 is displaying “-” Reading is good in any form of request 2101, 2101b, 22 12…01, 22 12….01 1 But displays “-” at value 0 on any PID with automatic or manual optimization. Everything works well, except for displaying “-” (when 0) on any request form. Even query 2101 displays “-” while the value is 0. Is it possible to fix it?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.

Follow me on twitter