Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Sometimes cannot connect

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Sometimes cannot connect
Vasilich
Post Re: Sometimes cannot connect
on: January 29, 2022 (GMT)

i use some standard (wheel speed, EGR error, coolant temp, etc.) and some custom PIDs on same dashboard.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 29, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks! this is one of two possible things – I’ve just improved one of them so hopefully after a few moments once you’ve started and everything is running it should eventually kick the adapter into talking properly

edit: new beta version is now out with the changes

Vasilich
on: January 31, 2022 (GMT)

installed .32 and tested.
Unfortunately, nothing has changed in the area of connection.

I see that in status bar there are changes between “checking protocol ISO xxxxx” and “applying custom init” every 10-15 seconds in mode when ACC is on (so OBD is also powered), but ECU is off.
But as soon as ECU gets power (so ignition is switched on) then text in status bar stays on “applying custom init” forever (i have waited 3 minutes).
Reapplying profile still helps, exactly as restarting the app.

Should i activate new debug option? or how else can i help to debug this issue?

Another issue – with some of new versions/betas sometimes torque forgets USB adapter to connect to, so i need to go to options and reselect the only available in system FTDI adapter. Should i open new thread for this?

P.S. I can live without torque running constantly several days, so – no hurry, enjoy your rest after release 😉

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 1, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Continuing in this thread is fine for the moment – I’m going to start looking at this Tomorrow/Thursday once the update has settled a bit (I’m busy sorting out small issues at the moment reported back via googles app console)

I will need a debug file when it doesn’t work (i should then be able to reproduce the fault here and then hopefully sort things out) -when you send a debug file (at your leisure when you notice it not working next time) put your forum name in the box that pops up so I can locate the debug

(It’s probably worth turning on ‘Enable debugging’ in the ‘Special settings’ so logs are generated and so you can then send them in the “realtime information->menu->send debug logs” option)

Vasilich
on: February 2, 2022 (GMT)

sent 2 logs 1 with no connection, and second g with successful connect.

About forgetting USB adapter: it happens every time i open settings, so it seems that it was changed something in the way how torque saves settings if USB adapter wasn’t changed.

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 2, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

The logs helped, thanks. There’s 2 possible fixes for the issue and I’m putting the first on in the next .42 update (due ‘real soon, probably tomorrow)

I’ve yet to look into the forgetting USB adapter part but it should be trivial

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 3, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

1.12.42 has the fixes in and is currently going through googles checks and will be released as soon as they’re done (this usually takes about an hour)

Hopefully this will solve the issues that your adapter has been having!

Vasilich
on: February 5, 2022 (GMT)

installed .52 and checked again – unfortunately, same problem – stays on “using custom init” forever :/
I sent debug log again (with new version).

But the bug with forgetting selected USB adapter after entering the settings is fixed ! :)

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Got the debug – the adapter is getting stuck (it’s actually not the app that is the issue here). The workaround (per the adapter documentation) didn’t work so I’m going to have to try a few other things

Vasilich

Thanks.
Can you, perhaps, try to reinit adapter as you do in the app after changing vehicle profile? Because after reapplying profile reconnect is made instantly.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yes thats what should happen now in .54 (just pending approval by google).
The previous approach is the ‘correct’ way to clear the adapter status once the issue happens(per the chip and ELM ‘standard’ documentation), however apparently that doesn’t work between all adapter chip vendors (ELM, OBDSolutions, OBDKey, etc) :)

Vasilich

tested .59 – still no connect. Debug log sent.
This is the hard one…

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks – .62 should be out once google approve it. I’m hopeful that this nails the issue. Unfortunately it looks like the hammer approach is required for this one.

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 7, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Ok google finally approved .62 (I’ve made a lot of changes in the coming .64 regarding stuff using the custom_init string as well which should improve speeds somewhat if I haven’t broken anything)

Vasilich
on: February 7, 2022 (GMT)

confirmed – .62 fixes reconnection.
Thanks for fixing/workarounding that hard-to-nail bug!

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 8, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Great, thanks for the feedback on that. .64 has some other custom init improvements as well as a speed improvement managing PID refresh rates for mode 01 sensors which would be worthwhile testing out :)

Vasilich

tested .64 a bit more.
It seems that you have overoptimized something – now after connect i get only standard PIDs updated if waked on page 5. All custom PIDs have its last values and some of those start to get updated when i change page to 4. All of those start to get updates after i change page to 3 (where also standard PIDs and custom PIDs are configured). Probably some combination of PIDs on page 3 triggers start of update for all custom PIDs. Do you need debug log for this? and dash config? should i make new thread for this?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yes a debug is probably the fastest way to get this looked at (when you have some spare time) – the custom init code is probably at fault and the debug will show me where

Vasilich
on: February 9, 2022 (GMT)

Sent 2 debug logs: with “no PID update”, and then later, after changing pages forth and back – another one “PID updating”.

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 9, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Found and fixed, thankyou! .65 has the fixes in and a few other things (including rolling out the optimisation to user edited PIDs as well) – the issue wasn’t the optimisation, but was related to the number of responses not being parsed correctly which has now been fixed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.071 seconds.

Follow me on twitter