Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » regression: PID import fails

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: regression: PID import fails
Rico Chet
Post regression: PID import fails
on: January 7, 2022 (GMT)

Recently, I get the “Unable to import file, check format!” error message when importing my PID CSV file. Here’s the one used to work previously:

https://github.com/rico-chet/OBD-PIDs-for-HKMC-EVs/blob/415a5e418455b0ed3d87311be2557be9afe0a34c/Soul%20EV%20-%2064kWh/extendedpids/Kia_Soul_EV_64kWh_Temp_gating.csv

It uses a couple functions, and it seems the equation parser was modified recently, please take a look.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: regression: PID import fails

Hi!

Yes the importer was modified recently because the app was ANR’ing when people tried to import over a thousand PIDs, which is excessive, but it should handle that.

Are you on the latest beta (1.10.254) as there was a small fix in there which may affect you for this import

I will have a look tonight anyway when I get a moment!

Rico Chet

I’m not using a Beta because I don’t like regressions, and the current feature set is OK for me.

My version is 1.10.250, installed from the Play Store.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Ok – well it’s already fixed in the latest beta as it imports fine using it.

It is to do with existing PIDs being overwritten – if you don’t want to update you can workaround it by deleting the PIDs first before you import

Rico Chet

The workaround did work for me, thank you!

cintakc
on: January 8, 2022 (GMT)

When I try to import the export of a csv file with a set of PIDs, it gives such a message, it started after about 246 version.
Android 10,
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/CriS-hqIR0MHHw

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

That’s a car android head unit missing essential stuff to let Storage Access Framework work – you’ll likely find that there are other apps on that unit that won’t work if they try to display a system file picker (which should be part of android on the device, but has been missed by the manufacturer)

Install “Filemanager Plus” which should put back in the missing functionality and get you up and running!

cintakc

thanks It works

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.032 seconds.

Follow me on twitter