Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 1999 Corvette C5 Odometer using Torque

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1999 Corvette C5 Odometer using Torque
ChipG
Post 1999 Corvette C5 Odometer using Torque
on: January 4, 2022 (GMT)

Greetings,
After searching this Forum pretty extensively and looking at the custom GM list in Torque Pro, it seems that Odometer reading from the C5 should be available but I have not had success getting Torque to show a value for the Odometer reading. Other data such as RPM, O2 sensors, etc. are working fine. I know the Odometer can be read somehow because a shop that did some work on the car read it with their high-end diagnostic tool so for sure the data exists and can be accessed somehow. Anyone know how to get Torque to display actual Odometer reading from a 1999 C5 Corvette?

Happy 2022!

ChipG
Post Re: 1999 Corvette C5 Odometer using Torque
on: January 21, 2022 (GMT)

Making progress but still need help. I discovered that the Foxwell NT530 sows the data so now we know for sure it is possible to get via the port. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it work with Torque Pro?

Tux
Post Re: 1999 Corvette C5 Odometer using Torque
on: January 24, 2022 (GMT)

On a GM vehicle of that era, the odometer is probably being queried by what’s known as “functional addressing”. If so, find some app (Torque Pro?) that can send manual commands from a “terminal”, then issue the following commands, without the leading ELM327 ‘prompt’ character (‘>’):

>ATZ
>ATE0
>ATTP 2
>ATSH 89 7A F1
>01

If the reply to that final command is something like this:

01 ww xx yy zz

Then there’s a good chance that the 32-bit unsigned integer value represented by the last 4 bytes (wwxxyyzz) after division by 64 (i.e. “ABCD/64”) is the odometer reading in kilometers.

As for making that work in Torque Pro, you’re on your own. Since Torque Pro is only available via Google Play, I only have Torque Lite, which can’t do any of this stuff.

Good luck! And please let the forum know if that works or not.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.

Follow me on twitter