Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Boost pressure wrong plus isn't in hg

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boost pressure wrong plus isn't in hg
djdynamite123
Post Boost pressure wrong plus isn
on: January 3, 2022 (GMT)

Hi. With my car, vacuum pressure at idle is roughly -20hg which I think is about – 10.5psi. Torque reports around -12.5, no matter what settings in the boost part of vehicle profile, it doesn’t change. How can I get this to read nearer to my actual boost gauge?

My turbo boosts to 20psi then tapers off and holds at about 10, torque only shows a max of 12, which obviously is far lower than watching my boost gauge on the car.

Also when it’s vacuum, why doesn’t torque app show the dial in Hg like I have in the settings units. Then when using boost show psi… For whatever reason it shows both in psi, even though I’ve got it set to inHG

I’m 650ft above sea level. Which I have 14.35 put in the profile. And barely makes any change.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Boost pressure wrong plus isn
on: January 3, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

To be better able to help, I need to know a few things:

What fuel type is the vehicle?

Which display type are you using to show boost/vac? (graph, readout, dial, half dial, etc)

What sensors are available – in particular the full list of ‘Available Sensors’ showing near the bottom of the ‘Adapter Status’ screen (a screenshot would do fine)

djdynamite123
on: January 4, 2022 (GMT)

Hi. Petrol. E10 and super

I’ve tried all display types. It either displays inHG or psi. Depending if setting is enabled. It doesn’t show both. Which is odd

I can’t even click available sensors in the adaptor status? Doesn’t let me. I’ll email you all my screenshots…

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The Adapter Status screen not showing the list of available sensors shouldn’t happen – I’ll need to look into that first as it’s used as part of the calculation methodology. There may be something odd about the ECU reply for the list of supported sensors…

I’m also wondering about the accuracy of the mechanical boost gauge too… I’ll need a day or two to get through the current things I’m working on and then I’ll get started on this one. The bar and graph displays wont change to in/Hg yet but all the others should do (tested)

The only thing I can note, is that you’re on 9141, which isn’t the fastest protocol (it’s pretty limited) and as several sensors need to be read to calculate boost on audi group vehicles there can be a small lag between each. I’ll need to setup a test system first before I can look any further

Edit: knowing your current vehicle profile ‘volumetric efficiency’ setting as well as the ‘boost adjustment’ setting (should be 88 and 1) would be helpful too :)

djdynamite123

As the norm for 1.8t engines, vacuum idling should be around – 19inHG and 21/22 when in gear. My cars stage 2, 230bhp and 255ibft torque.

I spike at 20psi of boost and tapers off to hold at 10 psi or so. So it’s not too far away.

Nothing I do on the displays will show anything inHG when there’s vacuum and positive boost showing psi.
It either shows psi only or inHG only, depending on the unit setting, weird? Same calculation whether used map or maf etc too

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.039 seconds.

Follow me on twitter