Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » LG phones users issues

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LG phones users issues
Al-Qalat
Post LG phones users issues
on: December 30, 2021 (GMT)

Hi. I use the pro version of the Torque app on an LG phone, and it keeps crashing whenever I try to read fault codes on my car. I have it upto date, but that last update that was supposed to fix this issue didn’t. Thanks.

I own a 2010 Chevy Malibu, and I use the pro vesion of the Torque app.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: LG phones users issues
on: December 31, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks for reporting the bug! I’ll try to reproduce that here, I only have an LG G5 (I have managed to find one of the ones that people are having issues with but am waiting for it to be delivered)

If you have a moment, it would be really helpful to know:

* The language the phone is set to
* The model of the phone (V70, G5, G7, etc)

and I can make a start trying to replicate the issue to fix it if I can in the meantime!

Also, if you could try the latest beta (if you’re not already on the beta track) that may also help as I have been working on several issues

Wolfsbane

I am having the same problem. Using pro version on LG G7 (English).
I can start the app, load car profile, and view dashboard display. But if I try to scan engine faults or go to settings menu, the app freezes and blacks out.
This started about a week or two ago.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks for that info – quick question: when you say ‘scan for engine faults’ do you mean simply tapping the ‘Fault Codes’ icon causes a crash, or do you get as far as getting inside the “fault codes” screen, then when you tap the magnifying glass it crashes

So far I think this is a theme issue on LG devices and your response will basically confirm that for me at this point! Thank you!

Wolfsbane
on: January 2, 2022 (GMT)

I’ll try it out fully when connected to my car tomorrow, but it looks like it’s fixed now! I can get to the settings menu and fault code screen. My sincerest thanks!

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 2, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter