Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Canbus sniffer to Torque

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Canbus sniffer to Torque
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Canbus sniffer to Torque
on: February 5, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

It’s possible something odd is happening on the export – I’ll look at this tomorrow(time permitting or sunday) as a priority as it’s important the export functions properly

By adding things to the display do you mean in the ‘manage pids’ list view?

Data logging it probably trying to optimise – I’ll look at that as it should be a simple fix!

Mihail Zenkov
on: February 5, 2022 (GMT)

By adding things to the display do you mean in the ‘manage pids’ list view?

In “realtime information”. Possibly as new display type (“text display” ?)

rgwynnjones
on: December 23, 2022 (GMT)

Many thanks for adding the direct CANbus & DBC support. I finally got chance to try it and got an EV BMS mostly working but then had some issues with some signals working and some not. Still checking that.
For now I’d like to ask: Is there a direct USB/CAN adaptor supported by Torque? e.g. seeedstudio can analyzer () or similar.
A device like this should support hardware filtering of CAN IDs from the DBC file resulting in reliable operation on fast/heavily loaded CAN busses. Would also support multiple CAN busses….

rgwynnjones
on: June 18, 2023 (GMT)

<div class=”quote”><p>Quote from rgwynnjones on December 23, 2022
Many thanks for adding the direct CANbus & DBC support. I finally got chance to try it and got an EV BMS mostly working but then had some issues with some signals working and some not. Still checking that.
For now I’d like to ask: Is there a direct USB/CAN adaptor supported by Torque? e.g. seeedstudio can analyzer () or similar.
A device like this should support hardware filtering of CAN IDs from the DBC file resulting in reliable operation on fast/heavily loaded CAN busses. Would also support multiple CAN busses….</p></div>

Bump on this request. Working in noisy electrical environments it seems BT messages get corrupted resulting in crazy values on Torque gauges. Seems there is no error detect/reject in BT rx on android, or Torque pro but not sure how to prove this. I have proven the data on CAN bus is not corrupted. Looking to connect any CANbus reader directly to Torque via USB/OTG on a tablet or phone. This for testing but also better than BT for permanent installations as the one USB connector can provide power and CAN data for the display.

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter