Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ExtendedPids, Import CSV froze

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ExtendedPids, Import CSV froze
Philt1603
Post ExtendedPids, Import CSV froze
on: December 27, 2021 (GMT)

Hi, when i try to use “import csv” in extendedpids menu, the app froze. I used Android 10 on recent Joying Head Unit (https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-new-arrival-10-1-single-din-car-stereo-with-powerful-android-10-0-system.html).

I can set manual pid, and the app works fine but Import Csv and Export CSV froze the app.

Is there problem with rights or accessing the folder ? What can I do or check ?

Rgds

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: ExtendedPids, Import CSV froze

Hi!

Please make sure you’re using the latest version from Google Play – Torque is only distributed on Google Play and nowhere else. I have tested it here and it is working on each version of android

Philt1603

Hi, Thank you for the answer, I tried with the latest version from google play store. Joying seems to have made some restriction on his version of android , perhaps is there security problem or limitation ?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

It’s usually a bug at the OS level – all torque is doing is trying to open the system level file picker so you can save the file. If it’s hanging (does the screen change, go black, show something else, do nothing?) then it sounds like the system file picker isn’t working for some reason

Stuff I’ve seen in the past with older ‘android “””kitkat”””‘ headunits was a mishmash of different android versions that seemed to work most of the time, but wasn’t really kitkat, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case here.

If you’re using the genuine version from Google Play then this should be working fine (providing the OS isn’t borked) – I’ll add some debug in the next beta update which may shed some light on things (it’ll be a simple popup message when it probably fails)

Philt1603
on: December 28, 2021 (GMT)

Hi thank you, yes it is probably the case, Joying seems to have a “limited” version of android for some unknown reason. I will try to fix or root mu head unit.

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 28, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

If you can try the latest beta, then screenshot or write back the message that (hopefully) appears on the screen then I can probably tell what it’s missing from that

Philt1603
on: December 29, 2021 (GMT)

Hi,
Problem is that Joying probably change the file picker to a restrict one that is not correctly view by the apps (not only yours) , I hope you can find an idea to workaround that.

Torque display : “Unable to call android file picker:No activity found to handle intent { act=android.intent.action.OPEN.DOCUMENT cat=[android.intent.category.OPENABLE] typ=text/*}”

Rgds

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thankyou for taking the time to type that all in!

I know where to look at now and can add a few workarounds in the next beta to see if I can get around that issue with the existing file manager for you – when you get the beta update it’d be handy if you could let me know if it’s fixed or not. Probably be in 1.10.208 (the next beta)

piemmm
Administrator

Ok I’ve made some changes to the file stuff – try the 1.10.208 beta (once google have approved it) and see if that helps things!

Philt1603

Hi,

I tried 1.10.208 but same message.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thanks

Ok – that’s pretty poor from the Android Vendor as SAF is supposed to be supported with an external file picker (which your unit is apparently lacking a lot!)

It might be worth trying to install Google Drive (I would say dropbox, but I havent tested that) and see if those provide a picker that is usable

Failing that, I suspect there’s another android file manager out there on google play as well (though I don’t use any because my test devices (including the xtrons unit) have a browser built in

Philt1603

Yes, thank you anyway. Gdrive is not working and I tried some other file manager without success. I let a case to Joying, hope they will patch the head unit.

Rgds

Philt1603
on: December 30, 2021 (GMT)

Hi,

Great news, after a lot of test (Total Commander, File Manager of any type) that’s finally work with Filemanager Plus ! Thank you very much for your support.

Happy holidays

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 30, 2021 (GMT)

Thankyou very much for the feedback!

dvdiamond
on: January 15, 2022 (GMT)

Hello.
I bought version 1.10.258 on google play store.
Car radio TEYES CC2 Plus 4/64 Android 10.
“Add set” – the old extendedpids folder in the .torque folder in the flash root now does not work, but also when adding a .csv set to a new location
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.prowl.torque/files/extendedpids doesn’t work.
“Import CSV file” doesn’t work either, No Activity found to handle Intent error

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

You need to install a filemanager as described in the previous posts because your android headunit is missing a core component

“Filemanager Plus” will replace the missing functionality the manufacturer didn’t include

dvdiamond

Ok. Thanks.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

No problem! I will probably change the error message to better reflect what is missing in later versions!

poyz
on: November 24, 2022 (GMT)

I’m having the same issue. Can some please post the file app/package name for Filemanager Plus. The playstore is littered with File Managers and I’m not sure which one exactly which app you’re referring to.

Vasilich
on: November 24, 2022 (GMT)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alphainventor.filemanager
or you can use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.root.clean.boost.explorer.filemanager which also has needed activity support.

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.086 seconds.

Follow me on twitter