Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » GM transmission temp not working? Need help.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GM transmission temp not working? Need help.
Dialn911
Post GM transmission temp not working? Need help.
on: December 19, 2021 (GMT)

Hey guys.

I have a 2003 Chevy avalanche. I had gone into the settings and installed the advanced PId’s for GM, and the transmission temp used to respond and work.

Now I get no response. If I go into the PId’s to edit, and go to the bottom and test them, transmission temp method 1 gives an algorithm response, method 2 and method 3 show no response.

However, when I go to add a dial, it shows no data for all 3 methods, and even though method one showed a response in the test, it doesn’t provide any data and I can’t get the gauge to work.

It used to work and then one day it stopped working and I haven’t been able to figure out why.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, I went into the settings and added the preloaded PId’s for General Motors, and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a custom PID I can enter manually and get a working gauge for the transmission temp?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: GM transmission temp not working? Need help.

Hi!

Had you modified the PIDs to get them to work on the previous installation? Some vehicle ECUs need a 3E diagnostic command to be sent just before the request (to enable the PID lookup on the ECU) – it might be missing this

Capp777
Post Re: GM transmission temp not working? Need help.

I suggest testing with the specific header
for the protocol used by your vehicle.

If my old memory is correct the 3E problem
was for Jeeps?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.

Follow me on twitter