Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » GPS speed not working

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GPS speed not working
JtotheC11
Post GPS speed not working
on: December 16, 2021 (GMT)

It seems on both my devices the GPS speed is not working, possibly after the update.
upon selecting senors for the dashboard the “speed (GPS)” reads “No data received”
is anyone having this same issue?

James
Post Re: GPS speed not working
on: December 16, 2021 (GMT)

Yes. Same issue since the last update.

03FocusCentennial
on: December 17, 2021 (GMT)

Quote from JtotheC11 on December 16, 2021
It seems on both my devices the GPS speed is not working, possibly after the update.
upon selecting senors for the dashboard the “speed (GPS)” reads “No data received”
is anyone having this same issue?

Yes, same issue.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Fixed in the latest beta which should be available imminently (it’ll be moved to production as well pretty quickly). The GPS issue was due to the negative GPS speed filtering not working as intended (yes, some GPS chipsets can output negative speed!)

bduren

Hello
got the beta today and GPS started working.
One thing though.
When car came to still GPS was hanging on 12 km/h. Sometimes on 11 or 8 or whatever. When starting again it went to 0 before measuring again.
So still some issue.

/Bjorn

Has a Samsung 8+ which worked perfecly before

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Yes caught this literally as the update was going out, there is a .168 version with this fixed in which should be available now (or in a hour or so once google approve it)

The releases should calm down now the majority of updates and android 12 fixes are done so should be relatively quiet for the next few days at least until I have had enough sleep to start adding features again (starting with 7f ecu reply handling)

03FocusCentennial
on: December 18, 2021 (GMT)

Quote from admin on December 17, 2021
Hi!

Yes caught this literally as the update was going out, there is a .168 version with this fixed in which should be available now (or in a hour or so once google approve it)

The releases should calm down now the majority of updates and android 12 fixes are done so should be relatively quiet for the next few days at least until I have had enough sleep to start adding features again (starting with 7f ecu reply handling)

Thanks for the super fast fix. Just got the. 164 update off Google play, and yup, the speedo hangs at random speeds when stopped. The. 168 version hasn’t shown up just yet, but I’ll install it asap.
Thanks again!

James

Mine has hung at 2kmh once while stationary. I’ll see if it is a one-off or repeated behaviour.

Edit: I’m on the main release, not beta.

Thanks for the fix.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

If it’s stopping at an above 0 when stationary now on the latest version, then it means:

* The GPS is still reporting a positive speed (possibly just GPS wander if the accuracy is low)

* The GPS chipset is reporting a negative speed (and the app is ignoring it because, well, it’s a negative speed).

This should not affect logging though as it will report 0 for the speed unless it is due to GPS ‘wander’ which is usually due to too few satellites being in view or (very unlikely) gps aliasing being performed at source

James
on: December 19, 2021 (GMT)

I wonder if the filter for valid GPS readings is “greater than” zero, when perhaps “greater than or equal to” zero might solve it?

Mine seems to be consistent in displaying the last non-zero reading when stationary.

03FocusCentennial

Quote from admin on December 17, 2021
Hi!

Thanks for the super fast fix. Just got the. 164 update off Google play, and yup, the speedo hangs at random speeds when stopped. The. 168 version hasn’t shown up just yet, but I’ll install it asap.
Thanks again!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

Yes for some reason it still appears as in review so I’m guessing there’s been a last rush before everyone closes down before xmas, which is a bit annoying.

Hopefully it will be approved in the next few hours

James
on: December 20, 2021 (GMT)

Thanks

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.

Follow me on twitter