Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Local drive logging

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Local drive logging
forcemeister
Post Re: Local drive logging
on: January 18, 2022 (GMT)

PID List:
FF12A5
FF12A6
FF1257
FF1282
FF12AB
3C
3E
FF1214
FF1240
FF1215
FF1241
0C
FF1202

File logging settings

Synchronous Logging : false
File logging interval : 0,5
Only when OBD connected : true
Automatically log gps : true
Automatically log G Sensors : true
Rotate logfiles : true
Format log values : true

Realtime web upload : not used

Trip Recording : used
Automatic trip recording : true
Update “Trip distance” only when connected to ECU : true
Discard trips < 0.5 miles : false Ignore short gaps between trips : true Log trip fule consumed : false Also log selected sensors : true Twitter : Not used Facebook : Not used

forcemeister

Quote from admin on January 18, 2022
Turning the synchronous logging off will fix your issue,

Could it be that I toggle this option, it’s fixed? (maybe settings aren’t stored properly)

piemmm
Administrator

Confirmed this also happens if the ‘Only when connected to OBD’ option is ticked as well

So if either the following options are ticked, and you don’t connect to the vehicle ECU, you will get 0 byte files:

* Only when connected to OBD (doesn’t write to the file when there’s no OBD connection)
* Synchronous logging (which only writes to the file when connected to the ECU over OBD)

This will be why there are 0 byte files. I will implement a cleanup method to remove these files if no logging happens in the next update, which should relieve the annoyance of empty files

forcemeister

Check!
That worked perfectly.

forcemeister

Quote from admin on January 18, 2022
Confirmed this also happens if the ‘Only when connected to OBD’ option is ticked as well

So if either the following options are ticked, and you don’t connect to the vehicle ECU, you will get 0 byte files:

* Only when connected to OBD (doesn’t write to the file when there’s no OBD connection)
* Synchronous logging (which only writes to the file when connected to the ECU over OBD)

This will be why there are 0 byte files. I will implement a cleanup method to remove these files if no logging happens in the next update, which should relieve the annoyance of empty files

————————————————————–

I’ve uploaded a CSV/TXT, with the PID’s selected (engine off) and all are present in the log.

https://www.uploadarchief.net/files/download/tracklog-2022-jan.-18_15-34-44.csv.txt

jakesnake

Thanks this worked for me as well.

I had the “only when connected to OBD” option set.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

Thankyou for the feedback – it is valuable as it means that the settings were not as clear as they could have been as to what was going to happen with some of the options

I’ve made changes to the wording in the settings to better reflect why you may not get any logfiles and this will be in the next beta release. I also added a ‘cleanup’ for those empty logfiles as well!

jakesnake
on: January 31, 2022 (GMT)

Now the logfiles are saving even when not connected to the ECU in huge files(10-100MB) that have almost no data. I have changed nothing aside from updating to the latest beta release. The trip logs are saved correctly.

Might this have something to do with how I am shutting everything down? I am turning off my phone and then unplugging the OBD and finally turning the car off. I had been able to have good logs doing it this way for years until all the changes in the beginning of December 2021.

piemmm
Administrator
on: February 1, 2022 (GMT)

Hi!

You have told the app to log all the time, which is what it is now doing

You need to turn on the ‘only when connected to OBD’ option in the app settings, otherwise the app will log all the time even when not connected and can generate large logfiles.

jakesnake

Oh yeah of course thank you sir!

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

No problem – actually letting me know this happened helps me understand where things can go awry, I’ll try and add a warning or something like an ‘are you sure, this might produce large logfiles?’ kind of warning

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.042 seconds.

Follow me on twitter