Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » The key to getting more PIDs working

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The key to getting more PIDs working
thekow
Post Re: The key to getting more PIDs working
on: April 16, 2016 (GMT)

In for more Kia forta / cerato PIDS. I have scanned with torque scan but don’t know how to use the data output.

blown maloo
on: February 2, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from 355188040081550 on January 28, 2012
I am not in mood to do some extraction today. This took me 1 minute.

625911xx
xx = B4
P/S Resistance ECS: = B4 * .1

hi do you have the 2014 PX ranger pid for trans temp please

Australia FNQ

cintakc
on: February 4, 2017 (GMT)

2014 PX ranger try this PID

221E1C
Transmission Fluid Temperature
(A*17.78+B*0.06945)-17.78
degree C
7e1

F-150Torqued
on: February 4, 2017 (GMT)

Quote from 88gtu on November 2, 2012
As someone who enjoys reverse engineering, and the work Ian has done with this application – I thought I’d add my 2 cents (or 7 for that matter – via the points below).

1) Get the TorqueScan plugin.

2) Run the TorqueScan application on your car – this may take 3+ hours depending on how many actual PID’s (think of them as memory addresses in a computer/PLC). If you are looking for a temp sensor – run this scan on a completely cold car to use the known temp sensors (coolant is pretty universal) to have as a baseline of what other temp modules would have. Learn how you would test/verify the data of the sensor you are looking for (IE: my next step is to find the KR PID – I’ll be tapping near my knock sensor watching 6 PIDs at a time to see if any respond – PIDs that measured Zero on scan).

3) Take the PID scan results and save them in notepad (forces you to email them to Ian I believe) and look at (traditionally mode 22 PIDs for GM’s – not sure for other brands protocols). and draw a line down in a column that provides the payload data from each return of the PID. IE: Command:222002 repsonse: 62 20 02 FF The 62 20 02 is the response of the PID address, the FF is the data.

4) The data is provided in Hex – convert to decimal to get a rough gauge of what it could mean. (temp sensors typically are A-40 – take that in mind).

5) Have a beer, relax, and look through all data values that seem they may be near/around a known data value. IE: My coolant temp sensor cold was data value ’43’hex = 67decimal. Then I take 67-40(per the formula) = 27. 27*C = 80.6*F. A bit of simple math here may help get a rough idea… you could confirm this with your dash display – if you have coolant temp/air temp.

6) With some of the PID’s that could work, test them out – make a few test PID configs, map them in the dashboard view and see how they respond. See if you can confirm this information via other means (thermometer/etc). This is how I found my IAT2.

7) Come back to the forum, share your results – pass a beer to a friend and enjoy the fruits of your labor (Diagnostic reverse engineering can be fun! share with a friend!)

Thanks,

Matt

======================================

Was a great idea back when “Torque Scan” worked. But since the latest version – I can’t do anything with the scan data. I would like to run another one to check against about 500 that I captured from a torque scan long ago and have worked many out. But Torque Scan just scans (and you can’t do anything with the output or find the results in a file anywhere or email it to yourself.)

——–

Omran65
on: July 16, 2019 (GMT)

Hello
My engine works with the ecu bosch m.7.4.4 model
I can view and manage the standard pid with the obd device.
But I would like to see the charge time of the coil and the time of the injector pulse.
Can someone help me what to do?
Or make a costom pid for both of them …

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.

Follow me on twitter