Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » dashboard files

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dashboard files
Markelee66
Post dashboard files
on: November 20, 2021 (GMT)

I downloaded a dash configuration from another user. It is currently in my download folder on my S10+. When I try to apply it in Torque Pro it doesn’t show on the list so I know Torque Pro is not finding it in the folder it is directed to. What folder do I need to move the .dash file into? I created one of my own thinking I would be able to see the file path but that was not the case.

If anyone could direct me to the folder I need to move the .dash file to I would appreciate it.

mabey
Post Re: dashboard files
on: November 21, 2021 (GMT)

I have a similar issue. When I first started using Torque Pro a few weeks ago it worked as expected. The .dash files that define the dashboard display are located in the .torque/dashboard directory in the internal storage of my Samsung tablet . When I tried to make some changes a few days ago it is no longer functioning as expected The files are being stored somewhere else now. I posted about this a few days ago but apparently there is nobody on this forum who is knowledgeable enough to know what is going on

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 23, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

The dashboard file locations have changed due to a forced move to Scoped Storage by Google (it’s now a requirement to use it for any app on Google Play).

This means that you’re looking in the old location which is no longer used (i preferred not to delete the older files, rather just copy them to the new location – the app no longer has access to the older location due to scoped storage requirements)

You’ll need to navigate to the app data folder, which will look something like this in an appropriate file browser:

https://imgur.com/25cRp0u

I might investigate improving the import/export in the next couple of days for dashboard layouts

Barbs
on: December 1, 2021 (GMT)

I am in the same boat trying to export/import dashboards and can not find the files… where would one find the scoped storage files?

ThePeePs
on: December 1, 2021 (GMT)

I really hate that Google did this, cause on Android 12 (at least on my Pixel 6 Pro) I can not see any folders under Internal Storage -> Android -> Data using the built-in Files app…

On my moto g6 (running Linage OS, Android 11), that is my daily Torque “driver” I still can at least.

rgwynnjones
on: January 8, 2022 (GMT)

+1. same problems.
I need to update my docs on how to copy dash and extended pid files to/from devices (and in my case, to a shared google drive all my users use to get/save updates)
Not clear yet how to do this.
Astro & Total Commander dont see these app specifc dirs by default and could fix permissions on some devices, not others – urgh.

cintakc
on: January 8, 2022 (GMT)

11 android does not see the folder with the internal file manager, you can look at the computer by connecting via USB, or with the x-plore file manager, try this on 12 android

cthue
on: January 9, 2022 (GMT)

I have exported 2 dashboards from the new Torque. They are both listed when I select the ‘import’ function.
However, if I browse the Android file system from Windows, and look in the org.prowl.torque directory, I see no subdirectory for ‘files’. Has anyone been able to migrate their .dash files to the latest version of Torque?

Edit – I used a third-party file explorer on the Android device, and was able to find the files.

mcbrems
on: March 24, 2022 (GMT)

I’m using an old Samsung Galaxy 2, and recently upgraded to the newest Torque after a couple years. All of my dashboard layouts were gone after the upgrade. I found a way to restore them by clicking:

{Main/Settings/Backup-Restore All Settings/Copy From Legacy .torque Folder}

Now I can see all of my old cherished custom layouts under:

{Realtime Information/Settings/Layout Settings/Import Layout}

But they don’t load when I select any of them. My imported PID sets show up in the {Manage Custom OBD2 PID} menu, so they are there for Torque to find them.

Is there any resolution?

– McB

Bray1291
on: April 13, 2022 (GMT)

Is there anyway to find this file on a snadroid stereo I’m running an atoto s8 ultra and it does not have a SD card and I can not find the extension anywhere I have my dashboard saved in the old legacy folder but it doesn’t show up and I can’t find the backup/restore option in the torque settings to import the legacy files to the new places. The atoto is running android 10 and the version of torque is 1.12.98

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.

Follow me on twitter