Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Torque Properties and other problems

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torque Properties and other problems
billniss
Post Torque Properties and other problems
on: November 17, 2021 (GMT)

Running Torque Pro 1.10.134
Android 9 Samsung Note 8

A new problem that started with probably the latest update. Not sure because I haven’t played with the properties file in a while, probably a couple of months.

No mater what change I make to the properties file nothing updates.

When I export a layout the dash file is not created.

When I update artwork files and put them in the internal storage/.torque/ThemeDir they are not updated in my theme.

I have found a work around for this.
I uninstall the app and then reinstall it. When I first open it the files are like the default theme. I go to the main screen and it will say it needs permissions. When I say yes, it then updates everything including properties and graphics. if I export my layout it appears in the dash folder and I can import it.

This only works until I exit the app. When I restart it, it then goes back to not accepting any properties or graphics changes. It doesn’t ask for permissions, and if I go and look at the permissions in the app settings they are on.

Hope my work around helps someone and I also hope this is fixed soon. Just today I probably reinstalled the app probably 10 times or more to see my changes to my theme.

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Torque Properties and other problems
on: November 18, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

Because of changes to Android (and google play policies stating I now need to target android 12 to get updates out) the default location for the data files had to be changed away from the normal hidden .torque folder on the SD card(which I no longer have access to as a developer when targetting android 12+). This folder is no longer used (due to changes to scoped storage in android 12 and googles requirement that I target android 12 in any updates)

The folder is now inside the private app storage, which you may be able to use a file manager or device file explorer to view (but it will need the appropriate permissions to do this)

To import theme files now, you will need to select the ‘import zip file’ from the themes menu within torque, which will then open a view allowing you to select the appropriate zip theme file to import

Bob
on: November 22, 2021 (GMT)

Would this have anything to do with my Torque Pro app refusing to even start?

This is my first time to use the app on this new phone…a Samsung S21 and the Android version is 12.

When I try to start the app the splash screen never even makes it up. It just dies with no outward indication.

Thanks,
Bob Ruth

Played guitar since 10,
Education in Electronic Engineering Technology,
Currently a software developer in the Medical Center in Houston, TX,
Fascinated with automotive technology as long as I can remember….
and I’m pretty old!!!!!!

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 23, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

There was an issue with older versions of Torque which would not start on Android 12, but that was fixed in an update

You should be able to update from Google Play (updates are always free) – Torque is only distributed on Google Play

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.146 seconds.

Follow me on twitter