Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » new update formated my torque set up?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: new update formated my torque set up?
JtotheC11
Post new update formated my torque set up?
on: September 30, 2021 (GMT)

with this update, Ive lost my proifile, Custom PIDs and theme set up for my dashboards as if its been formated. I see some of my stuff in ThemeDir, but properties.txt doesnt seems to work. Is there gonna be a future updates to fix this?

Samsung Tablet Andriod 9 and Pixel 4a Andriod 11

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: new update formated my torque set up?

Hi!

You’re on the beta track – beta update copies the storage location from the old location to a new (google forced) one – the first time the app starts the files are copied which may take a while if there are a lot of files to copy.

If this is force closed, then the copy will not happen and the app will start with a blank storage area

I have updated the app to 1.10.131 with a few extra checks and a progress dialog which will show that the migration is being performed (this is a one-time thing)

Steffe2

Quote from JtotheC11 on September 30, 2021
with this update, Ive lost my proifile, Custom PIDs and theme set up for my dashboards as if its been formated. I see some of my stuff in ThemeDir, but properties.txt doesnt seems to work. Is there gonna be a future updates to fix this?

Samsung Tablet Andriod 9 and Pixel 4a Andriod 11

Same here, sadly the bug-fix update doesn’t seem to do any difference either (it doesn’t show anything, just goes into dashboard as I have previously set it to do).

Would it revert to normal by leaving the beta, or is it “stuck” so to say?

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 1, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

Yes – It would revert by leaving the beta – the old data is untouched in the original location.

I did find an issue with the migration, and have now fixed it in the beta – I believe this was what was causing your install to default. If you get the beta update in the next hour or two once it’s approved (version 1.10.132) then your issue should also be fixed!

Steffe2
on: October 1, 2021 (GMT)

Yep, just installed the update and it seems to be back to normal. Nice job :)

Had to reselect the profile, but that’s a minor step compared to redoing the dashboard ;p

Pedalpusher73
on: October 7, 2021 (GMT)

What do we do if we want to modify our themes?
I can no longer access the properties file or change
My font.

ChuyLite
on: October 24, 2021 (GMT)

Running Android 11 on my Poco X3 NFC. I am NOT part of the Beta program. I have Torque Pro and have created quite a few custom PIDs, as well as used the Ford pre-defined list of PIDs. I hve created many custom gauges and needles. Saw an update available in Google Play (version 1.10.132) and installed it. At that point, all of my custom PIDS disappeared from the list, the extended Ford PIDs no longer show up, and though the gauges look right, the ones based on my custom PIDs just say “EXTPID” and “NOT FOUND.” When I installed the update, there were no messages or dialogs indicating that this update was any different from previous ones. I understand that the app has been modified to store data in one of the Android directories to satisfy Android 12 requirements.I should be able to just reinstall the Ford pre-defined PIDs.

How do I get my custom PIDs back?

As another user asked, how do we edit themes with the new storage location?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attorney currently located in Spain. Love Torque Pro. Want to continue improving the gauges I have created for my Mazda and Jeep.

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 25, 2021 (GMT)

You’ll need to join the beta track to get the theme import functionality (where you can import theme zip files from any location on the device, including google drive Edit: this is now live on the main version)

Alternatively because of the scoped storage updates forced by google, you’ll need to use ‘adb’ to get access to the files owned by the app directly – this is because of the requirement that apps local files are now protected by default and anything on shared storage needs permission popups (edit: Android Studios file browser makes this a lot easier with your device developer enabled which you can also try)

The update migrated data (but did not touch the original data location) to the new app location – if you navigate to the ‘.torque’ hidden folder on your shared storage, you’ll still be able to retrieve the PIDs and settings you once had. Make sure the app is not running if you copy the torqueDialConf(etc) files manually to the new private app storage location

However the update should have carried the PIDs over (it does in testing here) so I’m a little confused – you are using the current google play version (it’s only distributed on google play and nowhere else)

For anyone interested, the old locations are (dependent to some extent on the device manufacturer as well):

Old storage location:

{device manufacturer}/.torque/

example:

/sdcard/.torque/

New storage location (required by google):

{install location}/Android/data/org.prowl.torque/files/

example:

/sdcard/Android/data/org.prowl.torque/files/
davidtm
on: October 25, 2021 (GMT)

Thanks for the new file location info! My pids were there, but I finally figured out that I had to import the pids again. It seems fine now. At least, my screens are back to normal. (Final test in the car with OBD running pending.)

Update: all’s well!

moike
on: October 31, 2021 (GMT)

Seriously disappointed.

The update blew out my custom theme all of my pids and they are just gone they are not in the original file location or anywhere else.

moreause
on: October 31, 2021 (GMT)

did you check the new location cited 2 post up ??

moike
on: November 1, 2021 (GMT)

(sigh) Yes, I can read and comprehend instructions up thread. I’m not an idiot.

moreause
on: November 1, 2021 (GMT)

Quote from moike on November 1, 2021
(sigh) Yes, I can read and comprehend instructions up thread. I’m not an idiot.

check your number of post…
your new here
so stop acting like an a hole

LOTS of people just show up here and ask a question, without doing any research, here and most platform i should say

was just checking if you tried some of the solution

moike
on: November 2, 2021 (GMT)

“you’re”

moreause
on: November 2, 2021 (GMT)

Quote from moike on November 2, 2021
“you’re”

On s’en tabarnak

Ben oui l’anglais est pas ma premiere langue

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.

Follow me on twitter