Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Compatibility with Android 12?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compatibility with Android 12?
Wtmke1
Post Compatibility with Android 12?
on: September 16, 2021 (GMT)

Just joined the Android Beta program with my galaxy s21 ultra yesterday. I noticed the paid version of torque won’t open at all with Android 12 Beta but the free version does just fine. Wanted to see if there’s a work around for this. As the free version doesn’t have 1/3 the options. Thanks in advance

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Compatibility with Android 12?
on: September 30, 2021 (GMT)

Hi

There was a beta update yesterday that should fix the issues with the Android 12 beta.

Wtmke1
on: October 8, 2021 (GMT)

Quote from admin on September 30, 2021
Hi

There was a beta update yesterday that should fix the issues with the Android 12 beta.

still having the same issue unfortunately. App just crashes when you click to open. Have uninstalled /reinstalled cleared cache and data with no success. In looking through the app store there are definitely not a lot of apps like torque out there. Can’t wait to get it resolved when android 12 becomes official. Unless you know of another work around. Thank you for all your work here

Lui
on: October 20, 2021 (GMT)

Hi,
is it possible to join the beta program?
My Google Pixel got Android 12 and now I cannot use Torque Pro anymore.

davidtm
on: October 21, 2021 (GMT)

Quote from admin on September 30, 2021
Hi

Can you say when the stock app will work with Android 12?

TIA!

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 23, 2021 (GMT)

Hi!

It should hopefully be today – I’m just waiting on Google to approve the promotion of the test release to a full release

Edit: full release is live. There’s also a new beta that adds a few import/export bits too

moreause
on: October 29, 2021 (GMT)

just upgraded to android 12

up to now torque seem to be fine

but i lost android auto and tasker lol

normaly i would get in the car and start AA ..tasker would start torque and bluetooth

but now the car mode variable doesn’t seem to change anymore even when i start google maps ….

schirmyver
on: December 22, 2021 (GMT)

I just recently updated to the Android 12 Beta on my Samsung Note10+. Torque opens up but it seems to have lost all of my previous profiles and layouts. I tried saving a blank layout and then searching for that file name in the file explorer to see where things are being saved but I have not had any luck.

I am really hoping I do not need to set everything back up from scratch. Any ideas?

schirmyver
on: December 22, 2021 (GMT)

Ok after enough digging I found it. Note I had to use a third party file manager and allow it to access hidden/system files.

The files used to be located here:

Internal Storage>.torque

Now they are located here:

Internal Storage>Android>Data>org.prowl.torque>files

I didn’t know if I could just copied the entire folder/file structure so I just copied the files from the “dashboard” and “vehicles” folders from the first location into the second location.

I am able to import my old dashboard layouts and vehicle profiles. For the most part it seemed to work, but a couple of the gauges did not carry over properly. I have a Jeep Wrangler and now I have a boost gauge. I’m sure that was not part of my previous dashboard 😉

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.

Follow me on twitter