Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Pics of your setups

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Pics of your setups
bigirish2
Post Re: Pics of your setups
on: November 5, 2014 (GMT)

These are some awesome setups. I am new to all this and am wondering if there is someone in the Fresno, Ca area that is knowledgeable and willing to help a newbie. If so please contact me at ripper1@comcast.net
Thanks
Mike

pyro
on: December 4, 2014 (GMT)

Quote from Pwned-PS3 on September 19, 2012

How did you manage to have these type of displays. I would love to have the displays like yours with the name JEEP written all over the place. :)

Quote from andiTJ on April 1, 2012
Thats my setup so far, more work needs to be done! That’s a Asus Transformer in my Jeep Wrangler!

I’m guessing that they are using widgets without a frame, so are see through except the text, and then placing them perfectly in the image so that they look like that.

salsheikh
on: April 29, 2015 (GMT)

Quote from big.ursu on July 28, 2014

Hi Big.Ursu
what car do you have and which tablet are you using? the set up looks ace!

Drive By Fire
on: May 6, 2015 (GMT)

Here is mine… 2008 Mazdaspeed3

FntX
on: November 7, 2015 (GMT)

Nexus 7 installed into the OEM cubby box using the dock. This is for now coated with fiber and epoxy but will be covered in matching leather soon. This setup allows me to remove the tablet at any time.

SKOLS
on: January 20, 2016 (GMT)

Here is my first setup, based on a quadhelix theme…

BR
SKOLS

X_Marine
on: January 22, 2016 (GMT)

Very creative setups.

I’m curious if anyone has set this up on a CTS, maybe with LockPick?.
That’s what I intend to do but not sure how it will fit display.

Many thanks
X/BillyD..

Retired here in Houston Texas.
Years ago did custom refinishing of fine cars. In & out of family biz of Fire & Burglar alarms. Also do computer graphics & build custom systems.

Now being retired, I hope to finish 60Vete, 64XKE, and mods on 05Magnum, and enjoy my new ride 2014CTS-V Wagon.

Love the Torq app and wish I had a dollar for all the ones I recommended to others. Great service.
X/BillyD..

salsheikh
on: January 28, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from FntX on November 7, 2015
Nexus 7 installed into the OEM cubby box using the dock. This is for now coated with fiber and epoxy but will be covered in matching leather soon. This setup allows me to remove the tablet at any time.

damn, that looks a good set up. is the tablet secure in that set up or does it move/squeek?

giving me some good ideas as I have a Ford Focus 2008 model with the top pocket (2″ deep) so could replicate what you have done, would need to purchase a new tablet first though!

96wx3DGGM
on: March 15, 2016 (GMT)

I’m still checking out what Lite can do, but this is one screen i made.

406dany
on: March 18, 2016 (GMT)

Hello
I have find a way to keep room on a smart phone display
i have “made” a double gauge for the boost pressure and fuel rate
for the boost pressure the dial meter is in background with normal setting but with no unit it is the reading of real pressure
in the front ground i have put a dial needle with a transparent design with only a black rectangle in center to hide the numerical reading
of the dial meter it is the setting pressure ask by the ecu

i have done a similar thing for the graphic display

i useful to see rapidly if there is problem beetwen set and read

thekow
on: April 15, 2016 (GMT)

FntX
on: June 6, 2016 (GMT)

I threw out the self engineered holder and went for a complete solution:

This is now a lenovo tab a7 glued directly to a iDrive-style casing.
Though costly (at around 140€), this is a solid solution which fits just perfect into the landscape.

somrom
on: July 6, 2016 (GMT)

In My FORD RANGER T6
THAILAND

my page :https://www.facebook.com/diybylungrin/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

C4Vette
on: August 2, 2016 (GMT)

Quote from admin on October 10, 2010
Thought people may want to post pics of their setups, so here is the thread for that! I’ll start with something I completed this weekend

A Dell Streak, modified to fit in my dash (custom power options for Torque are being tested in this setup and will make it to the full version real soon). The vehicle is a Smart Roadster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Roadster, and the adapter used is Scantool.net’s bluetooth interface http://www.scantool.net/ :

And of course, Google Nav (working quite well, too!)

@Piemmm
Sorry to bring up such a VERY old topic but would like to do it the same way you did in the Roadster. Do you still have the pictures and maybe some info on how you managed to buildin the Dell Streak?
I’m from the Netherlands and know there is another Roadster overhere that has a Samsung S2 for this purpose. It will not be a (huge) problem for me to build something with fiberglass to make a front/holder but any hints would be great.

uudruid74
on: August 10, 2016 (GMT)

My Tiburon … this is a pumpkin auto unit running Lollipop, but I fixed the reboots myself, rooted it, extended the standby time, added Viper4Android, etc. GPS also works great, but I changed the Navi button to go to/from Torque since I rarely use the GPS.

Analog gauges point at the driver. The camera shot is just a weird angle.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9a4c293xQN_TlNCMmdfdFRQMTQ

hugovw1976
on: August 28, 2016 (GMT)

My setup:

Chillout
on: August 29, 2016 (GMT)

Test driving my new VW GTI MK7 theme. As you can see, there are a few small bugs (double titles, small value font, etc.) but those will be fixed soon :)

JtotheC11
on: October 20, 2016 (GMT)

pic of my set up

Budgie590
on: December 19, 2016 (GMT)

Have used Torque now for a number of years and have always been impressed with the results. I have only ever used it in conjunction with a basic Bluetooth ELM327 reader and my HTC and Nexus 5 Smartphones, and only when I get a CEL on my dash. Realising the App’s full potential is very cumbersome with this set up as I had to remember to remove the OBDII reader or it would kill my battery – and I hate smartphones stuck to the windscreen obscuring the view. I also wanted to get more “live” readouts on a wider range of engine data and activity – primarily vacuum as this is a good “early warning” barometer for potential problems.
So having an old 7″ Android (Honeycomb – no Bluetooth) tablet lying around I decided to see if I could utilise this with a low profile OBDII (WiFi) reader that could be left “in situ” and switched off rather than removed. It also powers down automatically (so I’m led to believe).
Anyway I found that the 7″ Tablet used in Landscape orientation sat perfectly (and surprisingly securely) in the centre consul ashtray aperture of my Jaguar S Type 2005MY with the power lead plugged in the cigar lighter socket which sits just behind.
So far I am using just the “default” Torque displays which are excellent. I will create a new set configured to my particular needs shortly.
So thumbs up and thank you to Ian for a great App.

MostaPGM
on: January 25, 2017 (GMT)

Petrolhead

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.

Follow me on twitter