Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Pics of your setups

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Pics of your setups
danoh5656
Post Re: Pics of your setups
on: May 18, 2011 (GMT)

Not showing off the torque app in action, but another galaxy tab mounted in the car.

23/CT, the same size as Bruce Lee when he was in his prime, only half as cool.

filthy
on: May 23, 2011 (GMT)

Heres mine on my Garmin-asus A50 nuvifone, vehicle MY06 Forester XT…

Still trying to work out what does and does not work on my ECU, having fun with it :)

MY06 Subaru Forester XT

zepcom
on: May 24, 2011 (GMT)

Pontiac G8 GT with Torque

ksprelude01
on: May 27, 2011 (GMT)

I really wanted to have a nice car mount for my Viewsonic G Tablet…..So I took out my old Lego Technic blocks and came up with this… I did super glue 4 of the pegs in back that supports the mount onto the car but other than that its all legos holding legos. The post that the whole mount is slipped on top of is and old 7″ screen mount I use to have in my car….I think the 10″ screen looks better than the 7″ ever did!

Terror Factor
on: June 18, 2011 (GMT)

Quote from ksprelude01 on May 27, 2011
I really wanted to have a nice car mount for my Viewsonic G Tablet…..So I took out my old Lego Technic blocks and came up with this… I did super glue 4 of the pegs in back that supports the mount onto the car but other than that its all legos holding legos. The post that the whole mount is slipped on top of is and old 7″ screen mount I use to have in my car….I think the 10″ screen looks better than the 7″ ever did!

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/ksprelude01/Viewsonic%20G%20Tablet%20Car%20Mount/DSC_1730.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/ksprelude01/Viewsonic%20G%20Tablet%20Car%20Mount/DSC_1732.jpg
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss48/ksprelude01/Viewsonic%20G%20Tablet%20Car%20Mount/DSC_1737.jpg

LOL, nice work! Budgetfriendly mount ^^

Flotsam
on: June 23, 2011 (GMT)

That Smart Roadster is a pretty interesting car. They never sold that model over in the US. What type of engine does that have?

Also did you set this up so your tablet is removable? or is it a permanent install?

Pierce
on: June 24, 2011 (GMT)

0.7l (yip, .7!) petrol engines with around 60-100hp.
But they weren’t that bad. Not the fastest car on the road, but very agile in the corners. And good fuel consumption.
And what I really like about Smart is their sequential transmission.

sidneyaks
on: June 24, 2011 (GMT)

God I wish the roadster had made it state side. Those such cool little cars. Also, that puts my vent mount to shame.

Pierce
on: June 26, 2011 (GMT)

OT: I have a few questions regarding permanent installation:
– do you leave your phones/tabs in your car all the time? Aren’t youa fraid of theft/frost?
– What kind of OBD interface are you using? ScanTools?
– What about the batteries of Android device and car?

I recently got a G1 which is a great device if you’re only using Torque on it, so I want to install it permanently. I already bought a LiPo battery which should arrive within the next few days and b/c I don’t have a good place to install it into the dashboard I’ll use velcro and an angle to fix it (also, I think ppl. could mistake that old phone for a new one and break into my car, so I need a way to take that thing with me).
Since I only have a cheap China clone adapter I think it’s draining my cars battery. Any suggestions, ideas, etc.?

Why am I not using my “normal” Android? Often I need navigation and I hate to switch apps. My little Renault doesn’t have an on board computer so it won’t tell me RPM, LPK etc. Which means I more or less need Torque b/c I find that data rather important.
Also it’s a nice, easy and fun way to work on the car :)

piemmm
Administrator

For my install, I have the dell streak mounted in the central dash. It survived the -13 we had here last winter seemingly okay (the li-po battery was a bit iffy in the -13, but it still works now it’s warmer).

The dell is charged when the ignition is on, and torque is configured to go into powersave / sleep when the ignition (charger) is disconnected/off. That way, you turn the key, and the screen comes on. Turn the car off, the screen goes off after about 30 seconds (or whatever you configured it to go off after in the android settings)

I use the scantool adapter because it has the powersave settings, and Torque supports configuring that.

The android device goes flat over the period of about 2 weeks when torque is left to manage the power (there /may/ be a bug that causes it to not powerdown occasionally, I’m still trying to track that). If you have a cheap chinese adapter, then don’t leave it plugged in for more than a couple of days as you will have issues starting the engine otherwise.

I’d suggest unplugging the chinese adapter when you’re not using it :-) it doesnt support powersaving, or if you are feeling adventurous, fit a *fuse* and a switch to the adapter itself.
You get powersaving options if you’re using the ScanTool OBDLink (with the latest firmware – they are upgradable!)

I’m not too afraid of theft (for my install) as the tab is fibreglassed into being part of the dashboard, so it looks like it came from the factory like that (and will probably break if someone tries to half-inch it)

Pierce

Thanks Ian for the input.I think I’ll have to buy a ScanTool adapter sooner or later. Faster, more reliable und power saving options. That’s a lot that speaks in favor of them.
But I’m just a poor student so they’re a little too heavy for my wallet.

The current Li-Ion battery is pretty flat but the LiPo will help a lot. I saw your dashboard and the Streak fits very well into it. But try to fit a G1 into something that looks as ugly as this (although I luckily have no yellow switches):

I thought about putting it all to the left at the corner. Or, if I ever get the fuel level to work (I think the Twingo doesn’t support that via OBD) I would replace the speedo.

motoeside
on: June 29, 2011 (GMT)

Here’s my setup …
I have configured so that Torque is turned on and off with the key.
I changed the adapter to switch it on with the key (to leave it always plugged in and conserve the battery).
I fixed the tablet with 2 magnets Tetrax, is fixed properly and at the same time you can go off easily.
I hope you like it …
Sorry for my English …….. greetings from Italy

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/img0853ct.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/img0852i.jpg/

websterjazz
on: July 27, 2011 (GMT)

You covered the centre Display with the tab?…

Quote from thaiauto on February 23, 2011

Chevy Cruze + Galaxy Tab

celblazer
on: July 29, 2011 (GMT)

2009 HHR SS, Witstech Mid A81G Tablet and Torque of course.

09 HHR SS, 06 Jetta GLI, 01 Sebring, 89 Shelby, 65 Mustang, Droid D2 R2-D2 edition, Nook Color (cyanogen 2.3)

donniesd
on: July 29, 2011 (GMT)

Caddilaic STS-V

Z71 Silverado

Use a Turnertools OBDLink with Bluetooth

jpapg
on: August 14, 2011 (GMT)

Vehicle: BMW Z4 E89
Device: Galaxy Tab P1000
OBD adapter: PLX Kiwi Bluetooth

websterjazz
on: August 15, 2011 (GMT)

Model: Chevy Cruze LTZ 2.0L Diesel (India)
Tablet: Vivtron 7 inch tablet
OBD2 Device: ELM327 from Ebay http://cgi.ebay.in/120763986474

websterjazz
on: August 16, 2011 (GMT)

Some More Pics….
Car Model: Chevy Cruze LTZ 2.0L Diesel (India)
Tablet: Vivtron 7″ Tablet with Android 2.2
OBD2 Adapter: ELM327 http://cgi.ebay.in/120763986474
Fixed in the center storage on top of the instrument panel on dashboard. Without any modification.
If you wish to install this set up in your Chevy Cruze contact me at websterjazz@gmail.com

If you wish to install this set up in your Chevy Cruze contact me at websterjazz@gmail.com

dolbyx5
on: August 30, 2011 (GMT)

Great pics of so many great installations. What I don’t see is a media player, etc. being displayed along with the torque app. I’m presently using a BN Color Nook (rooted with CN7) and want to have my music player displayed on the same screen, preventing the need to switch back and forth while driving. Any suggestions ?

cosh68
on: September 9, 2011 (GMT)

Hi All,

Currently setting up my 7″ tablet to fit in my mazda 2….

Will post more when fitted….

Its finally in…

Hope you like, audio out goes to amp behind glove box that
runs in the background whilst torque app runs….

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.072 seconds.

Follow me on twitter