Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » 200pids/sec on obdlink software. 20 pids/sec with torque?!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 200pids/sec on obdlink software. 20 pids/sec with torque?!
yoyop
Post 200pids/sec on obdlink software. 20 pids/sec with torque?!
on: May 30, 2021 (GMT)

Hello
I think there is a bug somewhere in torque. Fast connection enable on torque pro, or disable, I get simimar result averaging 20 pids/sec. Sometimes peak at 65, sometimes low as 9.
I bought obdlink sx usb specially for fast pids/sec (recommended on torque wiki)

Using their software, fast connection enable, rock solid 200+ pids/sec. I think im gonna uninstall torquepro… unless someone tell me how to solve the problem. Same protocole, same phone, same car… tried tweaking everything on torque doesnt change…

Thanks for your help

moreause
Post Re: 200pids/sec on obdlink software. 20 pids/sec with torque?!
on: May 31, 2021 (GMT)

i have tried obdlink and torque pro
with obdlink mx

they don’t seem to calculate there pid number the same way or something

from what i can see each standard pid in torque take 30 to 50 ms from request to answer …

so that give you around 30 pid per second

if you use custom pid in my last car torque would take 250ms to spit ou the custom pid lol

and now i tried having the pid on the other comm bus at the same time…. it works but kill’s the pid rate … just haven’t check yet with that canbus analyser

cintakc
on: May 31, 2021 (GMT)

yoyop,
you can increase the speed of reading PIDs by setting the initialization string in the auto profile
by default, in the adapter settings, the response timeout is set using the ATST32 command, where 32 hex * 4 ms = 200ms
try to write the command ATST10 in the initialization line,
where 10 hex * 4 ms = 64ms

yoyop
on: June 2, 2021 (GMT)

thanks for your help
I tried ATST10, it seems that I get constant 60pids/Sec (I havent test much honestly) but the issue is Im not getting pids from my arduino canshield anymore…
I will omve to obdlink software unless there is an other fix?
Cheers

piemmm
Administrator
on: June 4, 2021 (GMT)

What does the benchmark say on Torque? (Adapter Status, and the benchmark can be selected from there)

That will then show you what your raw PID read speed is on the device.

Things to note that will greatly affect this:

* If you’re using bluetooth, another app using bluetooth (watch, handsfree, etc) or even just triggering a bluetooth scan will slow the PID rate down considerably to no more than about 16-25PIDs/sec depending on device. This is also the case on some devices using broadcom chips that try to use WiFi at the same time (mostly samsung). Some apps will still trigger bluetooth scans when not visibly in use.

* If you’re not using CANBUS(ie: the car doesnt support it), then the protocol may be the limiting factor (the car can’t do more than 20PIDs/sec using the signalling protocol it uses)

* If you’re using USB, other apps accessing USB (and in some cases bluetooth)

ATST alters the timeout, which is why you may end up ‘missing’ responses from the vehicle or other canbus devices, simply because the adapter timesout waiting for the initial response. Most adapters can auto adjust the timeout to something sensible when you enable the ‘Fast communications’ option

Make sure you’re using the latest Torque Pro – the app is *only* distributed on the Google Play store (this has the latest USB code in it, as there was a bug in older versions that caused USB to be slow).

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.454 seconds.

Follow me on twitter