Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » icy road conditions warning

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: icy road conditions warning
dale
Post icy road conditions warning
on: January 4, 2012 (GMT)

I am using the latest pro version with two cars: 1) 2008 Acura TL and 2) 2010 Toyota Sienna. Whenever I use it with the Toyota Sienna, about 30 seconds after the ECU connects, torque announces “Warning: Icy Road Conditions”. This happens even if the car has not yet started to move.

What PIDs are being used to cause Torque to generate this warning? Why is this happening?

amdriven2liv
Post Re: icy road conditions warning
on: January 6, 2012 (GMT)

Mine will do it at 37* f or lower, not sure if that is the right temp it is set at, but it seems that is where I hear it. First time I heard it I didn’t know where it had come from.

I kind of like it, just gives me a heads up.

Northwest United States

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

If you don’t like that particular warning, then you can easily turn them off in the app settings->speech/alarm settings (and changing the options in there to suit what you need)

The icy conditions warning doesn’t need the vehicle to move to work out the conditions it uses the sensors available to determine the conditions

HERC

I wondered what that was,

for the past few mornings my phone has said something to me and I didn’t quite make out what it was over the noise of the engine and the radio

dale
on: January 13, 2012 (GMT)

Could you tell us the sensors and criteria it uses to make the announcement? I ask because it seems to do it even when it is well above freezing.

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

On some vehicles, the sensor used may report 0 if it’s not supported, this does only seem to affect older toyotas which respond to the sensor that’s not present (which it shouldn’t do) which is why there is an option to disable that warning. Unfortunately there’s nothing I can do to work around the faulty sensor in code as 0 is a vald reading

andhop72

I have a VW CC and it warns me of Icy Conditions when it is 39 degrees or less. You would think that it would be 32 degrees but you forget that their is a lot more to take in to consideration when it comes to the roads freezing over. A couple things to think about is wind chill factor and bridges freeze over at a higher temperature then 32. So for the manufactures to cover their butts in safety they let you know the possibility of ice is around (in my case) 39 degrees and with good research because there is a possibility of ice at around 39 degrees.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.027 seconds.

Follow me on twitter