Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ECU connection

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECU connection
IpSteve
Post ECU connection
on: April 27, 2021 (GMT)

Hi, trying to use Torque Pro ELM 327 paired by Bluetooth with android and Torque Lite app. Car: Volvo V50 Diesel 2.0, 2005. Engine is immobilised, Warning = ‘Brake failure, stop safely’. Various other crazy shit happening (e.g. wipers come on/off intermittently).

What I want to do is get round the immobiliser as the car is parked awkwardly so I can move it a few feet to work on.

Phone connects ok and gives me readout on the Bluetooth screen of what the Torque gizmo is doing (e.g. checking protocols). But this sequence simply goes around and round, with car symbol on the Torque Lite app flashing. When I try to retreive codes, app says, not connected to ECU.

I AM NOT TECHNICALY MINDED, COULD SOMEONE TELL ME IN PLAIN ENGLISH WHAT I NEED TO DO. I would like to a) switch off immobiliser and b) clear codes (yes I know they might come back). That’s all.
Background – if you can help at all, please do —-
I suspect there is no brake fault, just a problem with a sensor. Exactly the same message about brakes appeared, for example, a while back when all that had happened was the key battery was failing. (Not this time, have changed battery). SO… the car was driving and braking fine when fault lights started. To be accurate, first warning was ‘traction control service needed’; that changed to brake failure, then once I’d stopped (braking was no problem) the immobiliser kicked in. After a while, engine started with no warning lights, but after some minutes driving the whole sequence started again. Got home eventually but next day, I found car immobiliser was on all the time.
Over to you. Anyone?

moreause
Post Re: ECU connection
on: April 27, 2021 (GMT)

my feeling is you have a problem on the communication bus or a failing part that cause the comm bus to go down

i have seen wiper turn on by default if they lose connection

and if the comm bus is broken…you won’t connect to it

i would say first thing to do is a hard reset ..disconnect battery

if your lucky something will reset …otherwise you will need to find the issue

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.

Follow me on twitter