Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » VAGCOM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: VAGCOM
Nex
Post Re: VAGCOM
on: April 26, 2013 (GMT)

How goes work on the VW fault codes scanning Ian? any word on a release date yet :)

ArioluSs
on: May 17, 2013 (GMT)

Ian, please add OBDKey support to work with vw/audi protocols. This would be very good!

mrfeo
on: June 28, 2013 (GMT)

hello how know way my ecu dont conect. my car is a vw jetta 98 mexican but the app say: your ignition is on?

13lovecar14
on: September 2, 2013 (GMT)

Ross-Tech have released VCDS software version 11.11.3 which is a free upgrade to all licensed users

RadioRoscoe
on: September 13, 2013 (GMT)

Hi Folks,

I have a 2001 Jetta TDI. Is there any reason right now for me to pick-up a WBH-BT4 adapter? I really need complete scanning, but do not want to waste money on this if it will not add anything to the ODB2 data that I already get with Torque Pro. Should I be looking at Ross Tech instead?

Thanks!

Osprey06
on: September 14, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from RadioRoscoe on September 13, 2013
Hi Folks,

I have a 2001 Jetta TDI. Is there any reason right now for me to pick-up a WBH-BT4 adapter? I really need complete scanning, but do not want to waste money on this if it will not add anything to the ODB2 data that I already get with Torque Pro. Should I be looking at Ross Tech instead?

Thanks!

Get vcds. I’m using the wbhbt4 & torque pro because my 2002 S3 doesn’t support the OBD2 protocol, so this gives me basic logging on the go. You do get some more stuff by using the wbh over regular obd2, but not all of it is supported by torque from what I can glean (eg. Text reports of readiness states) and you will get that stuff with the vcds anyway. I bought torque pro on the hope that I’d eventually be able to check and clear error codes and maybe even do coding with it, but i presume Ian has moved on to other things. Obviously you get this capability through vcds as well. I have a friend with a vcds, so wbh & torque is okay and I use his vcds for more complex diagnostics.

James

RadioRoscoe
on: September 16, 2013 (GMT)

Thanks for the reply, James. I will look into the Ross Tech setup.

Nex
on: October 16, 2013 (GMT)

Ian

not to sound rude but is this ever getting done or do l need to look for other software??

Osprey06
on: October 17, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from Nex on October 16, 2013
Ian

not to sound rude but is this ever getting done or do l need to look for other software??
In what sense do you ask ‘is it ever getting done’?

Nex

Quote from Osprey06 on October 17, 2013
In what sense do you ask ‘is it ever getting done’?

well a long while ago Ian said he would be sorting out the fault scanning ect.. for the VAG range, so l bought the expensive dongle, but as far as l can see it seems to have died a death or have l missed something????
So if he isn’t looking to sorting that l have little use for Torque (which would be a shame and a waste) and l would have to get some other software

petelking

I’ve given up on torque a long time ago.

Sure, its nice as a toy but the numbers are unreliable and it doesn’t show all cel’s, misfires, and knock which are the most important readings for vag.

Got a polar fis+ instead, a lot more expensive but gives all the data.

colchon
on: January 12, 2015 (GMT)

Hi I have an audi a6 allroad 2004, 2.7t bel tipe engine, and can{t connect to the ecu

have an 327 chinnes conector, tested on my vw 2009 jetta, 2008 seat altea freetrack, other 1.8t old style jetta and even a pt cruiser, and worked ok in all off them.

checked here

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/vehicle-list-compatible-obd2.php?brand=audi

and it says my a6 runs on 9141 protocol, tried to set it manual but no luck. It still can read de ecu. searched here but couldn’t find the answer.

any help?

rs5sc
on: January 5, 2021 (GMT)

Hi All,

New here.. I’ve been using Torque Pro for some time with my 2013 RS5 4.2 which I’ve supercharged, to monitor transmission oil temps, AFR, and a few other stats.

I’d really like to be able to also monitor engine oil temp, as currently the only way i can do so is on the dash in the “laps” screen, but when i turn traction control off, it replaces the oil temp with “ESC OFF” sign… so i cannot monitor it…

In torque i can only see coolant temp, i believe, through extensive reading, that this is because the engine oil temp is passed through another protocol than OBD2 (VAGCOM) right?

I’ve read through this thread and it looks like there is an adapter and a BETA support through Torque PRO for this protocol (WBH-BT4). I wanted to ask how:

1. how far along is the project, is it pretty stable now?
2. should i expect it to work with 2013 RS5?
3. does Torque Pro now have precoded PIDs through this protocol or will i end up without them and have a hard time guessing 😉 ?
4. is there some adapter that works over USB or Wifi with this protocol? unfortunately my current android only supports those 2 inputs…

Thanks very much in advance!

Chrispy
on: January 6, 2021 (GMT)

That age of Audi should use UDS protocol rather than the older VAG specific one (TP2.0).

Torque supports UDS so you just need the PID.

You could try a custom PID with header 7E0 and PID 22F45C

This would be the standard OBD PID for engine oil temp.

If this doesn’t work you’d need to “snoop” some other software that can read it to find out the PID. It varies massively even with similar cars.

Assuming it’s UDS (which I’m 99% sure it will be) then once you know the PID Torque will be able to read it.

rs5sc
on: January 8, 2021 (GMT)

Very intersting! everything I’ve been reading pointed to Torque not being able to read it… I’ll give that Header & PID a try later today and let you know if it worked for sure! meanwhile, how can i test if it is UDS? (sorry newby at this..) i have access to VCDS, could i somehow “sniff” which PID is used for particular sensors while connected with VCDS? if there was a somewhat simplish way of doing that i could get them figured out and post here!

Thanks in advance,

Quote from Chrispy on January 6, 2021
That age of Audi should use UDS protocol rather than the older VAG specific one (TP2.0).

Torque supports UDS so you just need the PID.

You could try a custom PID with header 7E0 and PID 22F45C

This would be the standard OBD PID for engine oil temp.

If this doesn’t work you’d need to “snoop” some other software that can read it to find out the PID. It varies massively even with similar cars.

Assuming it’s UDS (which I’m 99% sure it will be) then once you know the PID Torque will be able to read it.

cintakc

if the engine responds to the external PID, which is given above, this will mean that you have the UDS protocol

rs5sc

Quote from cintakc on January 8, 2021
if the engine responds to the external PID, which is given above, this will mean that you have the UDS protocol

Hey. Not sure if I set it up correctly but it seems not to work. Here are pictures of the way I set up the custom PID, maybe I made a mistake?

Do I need to change the communication protocol somewhere to UDS or it auto does it?

Thanks!

(I’ll post photos in a moment)

rs5sc

photos of PID setup

https://ibb.co/7Rs0vGV
https://ibb.co/txCyzgm
https://ibb.co/qdQVB6H
https://ibb.co/8rqVPFf

or maybe this works:

cintakc

at the bottom there is a Test button, take a screenshot in Test mode

in the Profile settings, write the initialization string
atsp6\natsh7e0\n1003

rs5sc

Thanks I’ll try that and post results here.
Sorry for maybe stupid question… i cannot find any place which says “initialization” in profile or the PID setup, where did you mean to insert this string? or is that somewhere later when i click “test”?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.138 seconds.

Follow me on twitter