Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » VAGCOM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: VAGCOM
jazd
Post Re: VAGCOM
on: October 13, 2012 (GMT)

Its going a little deep for our purposes, we don’t need to see the signals. The reason I mentioned SocketCAN was because you can open up a CAN socket using Wireshark and will decode the CAN packets and help you filter through all the data.. Free, and very functional. Not sure if it decodes TP 2.0 but id say it supports the ISO TP.

Anyway I got it working, talking to a VAG ecu and reading data blocks from it using CAN through the ELM327.

Will do a write up when I have some time.

jazd
on: October 15, 2012 (GMT)

Info as promised:
http://ppdmaps.jazdw.net/tp20.htm

melodic
on: October 23, 2012 (GMT)

http://www.elmelectronics.com/DSheets/ELM327DS.pdf
datasheet for elm327
all commands and protocols

joriws
on: October 24, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from melodic on October 23, 2012
http://www.elmelectronics.com/DSheets/ELM327DS.pdf
datasheet for elm327
all commands and protocols

This is great posting.

But does this mean that I bought WBH-BT4 for nothing as I could have used “ATSI” (to have 5 baud init :)?

I love that ELM327 has all bus traffic monitoring capabilities as well.

aprice01
on: October 29, 2012 (GMT)

If I understand correctly, the program is currently communicating with the engine module. If that is correct, are there plans (or already a way) to communicate with other modules (like central electronics, instruments, HVAC, etc.)?

I am currently connecting to a 2002 Audi A4 (B6) 1.8TQM. I can share my config file (what I have so far) if anyone is interested.

OBDKey
Post OBDKey VAG KW1281 Support
on: November 6, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from admin on September 21, 2012
Hi

ELMs wont do KWP1281 (afaik) for VW vehicles, but for VW’s that use CANBUS it should be possible to use them.

For a vehicle that uses KWP you will need the WBH-BT4 adapter which has specific support for that protocol

I’ll be moving to canbus support for VW’s proprietary protocols after I’ve finished off the fault code reading for KW1281 vehicles (subaru canbus support will also be started around this time as well)

I don’t think you’ll get the ELM327 to work with KW1281 or VW CANBus as there are keep alive issues that the hardware needs to be aware of.

You can use the OBDKey for KW1281. Use ATSHxxxxxx to set the target address, then ATW0 to initiate communications.
e.g. for the engine, use the following

atsh321401
atw0

The 00 command will get ECU data and block decoding is pretty straightforward.

Also OBDKey does support the VW/VAG CAN bus protocol (technically known as TP2.0) using the ATSHxxxxx command and ATWT.

Sinclair

Creator and developer of OBDKey, the matchbox sized Bluetooth, USB and WLAN vehicle interface device.

Nex
on: December 24, 2012 (GMT)

Ian,

any luck with the VW fault codes yet?

just got my adapter today and need to scan and clear some code :)

wwhyukaa
on: December 27, 2012 (GMT)

This is VAG COM 11.11 is fully compatible with all VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda models through the current model year, including models using a direct CAN connection for diagnostics.

Anything can help?

auto enthusiast

xDezor
on: January 3, 2013 (GMT)

Hi,

First time poster. Just discovered torque last week, it’s great. However, I own a 2003 VW Passat, so it’s not as good as it could be.

Any updates on getting VAGCOM support working, Ian?

Jmarks40
on: January 4, 2013 (GMT)

I I have read this entire thread, but am still unsure if the use of the WBH_BT4 adapter will allow me to see the other parameters that can’t be read with a standard blutooth adapter. I have a 2012 Jetta TDI. MK6 and I have no idea which protocol it uses. Also does anybody know what parameters are available with the standard adapter on this vehicle? I just found out about torque and have not purchased an adapter yet.

petelking
on: January 4, 2013 (GMT)

Your car uses CAN and obd2 I belive.

You will be able to monitor a few things like boost, fuel trim, intake temp, cat temp maf readings coolent temp and some less significant info but you will not be able to monitor oil temp or pressure engine knock, misfires etc. and will not be able to read and clear all DTC’s just some of them until torque is developed to add support for vw… I really hope that happens soon as the most important things to monitor in vw’s is knock and misfires but sadly this is not yet supported.

A simple bluetooth obd2 dongle should be just fine for your car.

Jmarks40
on: January 5, 2013 (GMT)

Thanks for the reply, will there be any extra benefit from getting a WBH_BT4 adapter? I thought this whole thread was about the fact that vw only allowed a few things to be monitored with standard OBD2? Or did this change with newer vw models?

petelking
on: January 5, 2013 (GMT)

Yes there is a lot of confusion in this thread about that but in my understanding the special adapter is only needed to monitor older vehicles that use KPW and cannot be read with an elm327 adapter.

Your car uses canbus so an elm327 adapter should work just fine.

Glitch
on: January 10, 2013 (GMT)

Quote from OBDKey on November 6, 2012
Quote from admin on September 21, 2012
“Hi

ELMs wont do KWP1281 (afaik) for VW vehicles, but for VW’s that use CANBUS it should be possible to use them.

For a vehicle that uses KWP you will need the WBH-BT4 adapter which has specific support for that protocol”

May I just confirm that this statement also applies to VW vehicles using the KWP2089 protocol please ?

Cheers J

Nex
on: January 16, 2013 (GMT)

Ian, any word yet buddy?? this issue seems to have gone silent :(

leekeene
on: January 18, 2013 (GMT)

hello. im a little confused i have samsung s3 using a elm327 device

i can get boost etc but i cant seem to read any fault codes

do i need to change any of the settings?? there are lots of setting and i have just left it at auto detect

petelking
on: January 18, 2013 (GMT)

You won’t be able to read all DTC’s until the Developer has added additional support for vw.

Osprey06
on: February 18, 2013 (GMT)

Hey guys/piemmm,

Bought a WBH-BT4 a while ago and recently Torque Pro. It took me a while to figure out that Torque free doesn’t support VAG KWP protocols (was trying to check that it worked before going Pro!). Seems to be working ok. Now that I’ve put my ECU in the vw-protocol file some of the VAG dials have names etc. How have people been working through their block mappings? Things like throttle position don’t show any info for me – not sure if this is because the ECU doesn’t support it, or because it’s mapped to the wrong block. I’ve got an Australian 2002 8L S3 with a BAM engine.

Anyway, cannot wait for viewing and clearing fault codes to work – let me know if there’s anything I can do to help things along.

Cheers.

ArioluSs
on: March 16, 2013 (GMT)

Ian, any luck of making support for OBDKey adapter ?

alexxtdi
on: March 26, 2013 (GMT)

Hi. Can anyone tell me if the refresh rate with the kw1281 protocol is the same like the normal obd2 and the other protocols? Regards

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.

Follow me on twitter