Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » VAGCOM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: VAGCOM
jazd
Post Re: VAGCOM
on: August 3, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from edie209 on August 2, 2012
Now I have managed to connect (finally) but I can’t find this file and once I have found it what do I do with it.

Is there a howto to get torque up and running on your car?

Its a bit of a bitch to get at the file if you are on a new phone like the Galaxy S3. Its in the internal storage (internal SD) in a hidden folder named “.torque”. The S3 doesn’t show hidden files and folders through MTP and you cant use USB Mass Storage mode anymore.

I used the adb developer tool to push/pull the file from the phone.

professor
on: August 3, 2012 (GMT)

Oh too bad.
I ll not spend 75Euros i ll do it with my win laptop.
But really too bad.
Perhaps i ll try with my vag com usb cable to check if works.

Thanks for the answers.

Edit: I tried with my 409.11 ebay usb cable and with my galletto clone one but no success. Keep asking if i ve selected correct baud rate cause no connection. Usb displays an active usb obd cable with number 107.

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 4, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

The 409.1 isn’t supported (yet) – the WBH-BT4 came around and that is supported (mainly because I have access to documentation for it) for KWP vehicles which made adding support straightforward

I also have documentation for the OBDKey to get this working as well, but this is a work in progress and not complete yet. (so don’t run out and buy one till I’m done!) :)

You can use Astro File Manager to view hidden folders on the Galaxy S3 – I may also throw a utility in as well (as torque has a ‘sync’ protocol for various things) to be able to pull/push the vw identity files to help people there.

Ian

kabz

Does the vw-identities data only get created when a BT4 adapter is connected to Torque?

There is some interesting info here. I assume this is what is supported in Torque.

http://www.diydiagnostics.com/obdIIinformation.html

(see last link)

I just rushed out and bought the German adapter. Awesome.

MARPATdroid

Quote from jazd on August 3, 2012

Quote from MARPATdroid on August 2, 2012
I also have the OBDlink MX which should be delivered today, which I understand to support some CAN functions.
At the moment it wont work with reading the VW measurement blocks. Only the WBH-BT4 will work with these.

Quote from professor on August 2, 2012I use an ebay BT ELM327 adapter, connected in fast mode.
I cant see any of those vag com blocks and i need block 20 cylinders retard values (dwkrz_0,1,2,3) and block 26 for Knock sensors voltage (rkrn_w_0,1,2,3).

Its adapter problem or will be supported in future update?
As above you need WBH-BT4 to read these. I highly doubt the ELM adapters will ever be able to read VW measuring blocks as they are generic OBD II adapters.

Quote from tpinson on August 2, 2012You’ll need another adapter either:

Wbh bt4
Odbkey
Obdlink mx

As far as I know that’s the only adapters that is able to connect to torque that can read VWs protocols.
ONLY the WBH-BT4 works!

Quote from rfmuller on August 2, 2012
If I can help,I have a 2012 Golf Sportwagen. This is the Mexican model (I’m located in Mexico). I’m using the BAFX Products (TM) – ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool found in Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i06 and I get readings on RPM, HP, torque, coolant temperature, etc. but I don’t now if Torque is reading VW specific sensors.
Its not, as above you need a WBH-BT4 to read the VW sensors.

Come on guys its not that difficult…

yeah I read that after I ordered my BT adapter, then saw this, and kinda kicked my self in the bum. Although it does know that it is connected to a CAN network, according to torque. gives me a little bit of hope, maybe in the future it will work. And yeah it really isn’t that difficult, but if there is anything I can do with my gimped set up, let me know I’d love to test things.

Didn’t realize my bio was my sig.

2008 GTI
OBDlink MX
Droid Bionic 4.0.1
Droid 2 Global 2.3

edie209

I have now got the file and my ecu is identified as ECUID=06A906018CG so I take it I rename the file to 06A906018CG.txt and place it back which I have done and still nothing no readings

jazd

It’s a bug, drop the 0 off the front.

Piemmm: I can’t get the units to display at all, it still uses the default ones.

edie209
on: August 5, 2012 (GMT)

I have tried droping the leading zero and still the same, so the file is named 6A906018CG.txt I have posted the file below.

Other info
Adapter Version
WBH Diag Pro V2.1

Vehicle ODB Standard
Unknown

ODB Protocol
VW Group Diagnostic Protocol

ECU ID
ECU:038906019FG 1,91 RF EDC
WSC:00046
SWC:00002

# Used for matching. The file chosen is the file that closest matches all the IDs
# The filename itself should be the same as the ECUID, so should be something like: 06A906018CL.txt
ECUID=06A906018CG
WorkshopID=00000
SoftwareID=00000

# Each measuring block is describe as follows in this example:
#       080101: (Block one, value one, blocks are HEX values, so, block 09 is '09', 10 is '0A', 11 is '0B', etc.)
#   "Idle RPM": Long title (used when choosing a display)
#       "Revs": Short title (used in the displays)
#        "rpm": The unit (capitals are important - as close to si notation as possible
#            0: Minimum value (Defaults for display - not required if Mode 01 OBD2 PID is supplied)
#         7000: Maximum value (Defaults for display - not required if Mode 01 OBD2 PID is supplied)
#           0D: OBD2 equivalent PID (hex).  Does not have to be present if you don't know it, but if you do, this will be used  by the app to link up various internal calculations (you get more cool stuff working) 
#
#

# Block,  Long title,               Short Title,     Units,     Min,   Max,    OBD2 ID (Hex)
080101,   "Idle RPM",               "IRevs",         "rpm",     0,     7000,   
080102,   "Engine load","Load",
080103,   "Throttle pos",
080104,   "",  ""

# Block 2
080204,   "Mass Airflow Sensor",    "MAF",           "g/s",     0,     200,    10

# Block 12 ('0C' in hex)
080C01,   "Engine RPM",             "Revs",          "rpm",     0,     7000,   0C
080C02,   "Voltage",                "Volts",         "V",       0,     16,   
080C03,   "Fuel Consumption",       "FuelCons",      "l/h",     0      20,
080C04,   "Ignition Degrees",       "IgnDeg",        "\u00B0",  0,     20,

# Block 14 ('0E' in hex)
080E03,   "Cylinder 1 retard",      "Cyl1Ret",       "\u00B0:,  0,     10,
080E04,   "Cylinder 2 retard",      "Cyl2Ret",       "\u00B0:,  0,     10,

# Block 15 ('0F' in hex)
080F03,   "Cylinder 3 retard",      "Cyl3Ret",       "\u00B0:,  0,     10,
080F04,   "Cylinder 4 retard",      "Cyl4Ret",       "\u00B0:,  0,     10,

# Block 66 ('42' in hex)
084201,   "Vehicle speed",          "Speed",         "km/h",    0,     255,    0D

# Block 99 ('63' in hex) 
086302,   "Coolant Temperature",    "Coolant",       "\u00B0C", 0,     160,    05
jazd
on: August 6, 2012 (GMT)

Oh OK I see what your problem is. You need to make a file for your specific ECU model. Yours is 038906019FG so your file has to be named 038906019FG.txt (dont drop the 0, seems yours is detected right).

Here’s a file to get you started –

# Used for matching. The file chosen is the file that closest matches all the IDs
# The filename itself should be the same as the ECUID, so should be something like: 06A906018CL.txt
ECUID=038906019FG
WorkshopID=00000
SoftwareID=00000

# Each measuring block is describe as follows in this example:
#       080101: (Block one, value one, blocks are HEX values, so, block 09 is '09', 10 is '0A', 11 is '0B', etc.)
#   "Idle RPM": Long title (used when choosing a display)
#       "Revs": Short title (used in the displays)
#        "rpm": The unit (capitals are important - as close to si notation as possible
#            0: Minimum value (Defaults for display - not required if Mode 01 OBD2 PID is supplied)
#         7000: Maximum value (Defaults for display - not required if Mode 01 OBD2 PID is supplied)
#           0D: OBD2 equivalent PID (hex).  Does not have to be present if you don't know it, but if you do, this will be used  by the app to link up various internal calculations (you get more cool stuff working)
#
#

# Block,  Long title,               Short Title,     Units,     Min,   Max,    OBD2 ID (Hex)
080101,   "Engine RPM",               "Revs",         "rpm",     0,     7000,
080102,   "Injection quantity","IQ","mg/stk",0,100,
080103,   "Injection duration","ID","deg",0,100,
080104,   "Coolant temp","Coolant","degC",-20,150,

#Block 6
080601,   "Vehicle Speed",               "Speed",         "km/h",     0,     250,

#Block 10
080A01,   "Mass Air Flow",               "MAF",         "mg/stk",     0,     1500,

To add more look at this file –
http://pastebin.com/aHxGY8JT

jazd
on: August 7, 2012 (GMT)

Ian: most of the units do not get loaded from the file, it seems the default ones are used. Also some of the temperatures are not displaying the unicode degrees symbol correctly, it just displays the text as I entered it in the file.

Also the connection to the ecu doesn’t seem to work unless the engine is already on when the adapter is plugged in. I have to unplug and replug the adapter every time I get in the car.

edie209

Thanks for the file. But two days of messing around and still no joy. So I thought I would try that on my wifes golf didn’t work on that either so I went back to let it search and it found a protocol and work with my wifes car.

Is it possible there is an issue with my cars ecu

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

The units in the file are the ‘units’ that the data is retrieved from the ECU as (they are primarily there for when there is no connection present, so the app will (eventually) know what the units are

When you are connected to the VW/Audi/(etc) KW ECU, then it sends the units over with the values (so the units in the file are then ignored) and Torque then converts those units to your preferred units in the settings

I’m keeping an eye on the thread and seeing what people are posting, and am using it to sort out any issues and improve things as this all matures – the feedback from everyong is invaluable!

If you haven’t got it working on a golf, it would be useful to know the model and year of the vehicle

edie209

Thats my cue then :)

2001 MK4 GT TDI 130BHP any other details needed?

jazd
on: August 8, 2012 (GMT)

Ah thanks Ian, that explains why you said to use SI units.
Is there any way to just set the label for the units rather than trying to convert it? E.g. the units that Torque is returning for EGR,MAF, and I think injection quantity is g/h but I’m pretty sure its actually mg/stroke.

Also the measuring blocks for torque (requested, actual, limiters) are returning pretty funky values (eg -16000, 5000, 10000 etc) and obviously need some scaling. How should we deal with this?

pubenemy
on: August 9, 2012 (GMT)

Ok so I have a 99 VW beetle 2.0l I would love to be able to get to read the extra K line data or whatever it is. The Wbh bt4 is the only reader to get to be able to read this information? Is there more places to buy it? I was hoping to find one on amazon.

Thanks
-Mike

SW FL

Simon
on: August 10, 2012 (GMT)

only http://www.obd2-shop.eu/wbhbt4-p-213.html

pubenemy
on: August 14, 2012 (GMT)

I think I read somewhere about more adapters being worked on? Are there any that will be obd and vag compatible? Hate to buy a vag only connector from a website overseas, not knowing how long it might take to get here even.
-Mike

SW FL

m0zes
on: August 14, 2012 (GMT)

I ordered the adapter on WBH BT4 adapter on Aug 3rd, it showed up on Aug 13th. Went to central KS. It really didn’t take too long for overseas shipping.

jazd
on: August 15, 2012 (GMT)

Ian could you address some of my questions? Any updates on vww protocol coming?

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 16, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Yes – I’m going to be adding a scale factor (settable on the display to addres the scaling issue).

There’s no conversion for mg/stroke in Torque, so that will mean that the app displays it in the units the ECU has sent (unless, I think, you created the display before the app connected to the VW – I will need to check on that as it should update the units to those of the ECU if they are different in the ‘identification’ file)

My next priority is to tidy the code up, implement OBDKey support and sort out the fault code reading. I’m not sure if it will make it into this weekends update due to several factors (much needed track recorder updates, and another S3 model number update to activate the bluetooth workaround code for that device)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.063 seconds.

Follow me on twitter