Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » VAGCOM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: VAGCOM
piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: VAGCOM
on: March 5, 2012 (GMT)

Sounds like it may be a bad connection or a bad adapter – the connection shouldn’t drop once connected. About the only thing that can do that is bad adapters or multiple bluetooth connections on the handset (handsfree, obd, at the same time, etc) as some handsets don’t play well with multiple bluetooth connections. It may be worth temporarily unpairing other devices if you are using more than one bt connection to see if it helps, if it doesn’t then it will likely be an adapter issue

On a separate note, I’ve been playng with kw1281 a fair bit over the weekend and been making good progress. This is now a do-able thing in Torque as I’m confident it’s now possible for me to add support in the existing app. It may take a month or two whilst I get time to work on things, but is now being developed!

Tom B

Good to see you’ve been making progress Ian. Do you think an implementation will be possible with current bluetooth adapters or are we talking USB-host compatible devices only?

Tom

Guedin

Hello everybody,

what kind of interface will be necessary to run your application on VAG engines???

Flo-TLSC
on: March 7, 2012 (GMT)

That is good news Ian. Just wondering, will I be able to monitor the exhaustgas Temp. ones you have this sorted ??

Many thanks,

Flo

Marine Engineer

piemmm
Administrator

Hi

It should be possible, if there is a sensor for it and you know the ‘id/scaling’ to access it.

Flo-TLSC

Thx for the Reply Ian. I think I’ve got three sensors in my Golf V with BMM block and DPF (before Turbo, before DPF and after DPF).
I would like to be able to keep an eye on the regeneration process of the DPF you see and okay, I’ve got VCDS (Vag-com) but to carry the laptop with you constantly is a no brainer. So I bought an ELM 327 and your amazing Torque pro but so far I cannot read the Exhaust gas temps.

But I am a patient guy (“,)

Marine Engineer

imnuts
on: March 8, 2012 (GMT)

Would just like to add my +1 to seeing this happen. Would love to be able to read a little more data from my Audi :)

B.Dubbin
on: March 19, 2012 (GMT)

This would be awesome!!!

Since I am chipped(APR), if you need me to do any testing I would be happy to do so.

Let me know!

quick7
on: April 5, 2012 (GMT)

So that this mean that this program will be able to do what Ross-Tech can do… I have the the Pro ver.. VAG-COM?

piemmm
Administrator

Hi!

It’ll be able to read sensors initially from various ‘controllers’. I’m trying to do it so it is accesible via the AIDL API still as well so things like plugins will still work and others can write plugins to talk to it if they want to do more (like play with settings in the ECU)

The golf ECU on my desk is talking VWs diagnostic protocol now, so I just need to sort out some ‘init’ issues with the .409 usb cable I’m using (working this out is taking time as I have little documentation on the cable itself).

docromano

…yet something absolutely worth trying. VCDS by Ross-tech is used world wide by garages and private users and it is capable of accessing almost every system in the car with countless sensors. If you´d manage to access the VAGCOM canbus, all Vws, Audis, Skodas, Bugattis etc could be easily analyzed with a smartphone and a simple adapter.

2006 Audi A6 2.7 TDI , VCDS available.

WrinkledCheese
on: April 25, 2012 (GMT)

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread up to this point. I’m off to see if I can’t find some more hacking information to see exactly what it is is involved in hacking an ECU or how to figure out a sensors PID.

Good stuff here but I need more!!!

Ian/Piemonster, you should write a quick little 2 pager on getting started in this type of development in the wiki…you know, for developers to get involved with their vehicles…

I’m DREADFULLY bored of removing Windows viruses at work and I have a chance to do some actual computer programming with cars. I’ve always wondered how these beasts worked.

…well at least I’ll be hacking at somethig anyway.

piemmm
Administrator
on: April 26, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

I’m mindful I haven’t completed this yet – it will definitely happen if it is possible to do it (though you will need the correct adapter to do this). Unfortunately I’ve had to sort a few issues out with the app beforehand (as well as moving house), which I am now nearly done with.

It’s ready to be dealt with, as soon as I get some time. – here’s a random picture of one part of my desk – VW ecu bottom left and blue USB adapter also present :-)
http://instagr.am/p/JNfQVrifpL/

docromano
on: April 29, 2012 (GMT)

Can´t wait :)

2006 Audi A6 2.7 TDI , VCDS available.

larsson
on: May 16, 2012 (GMT)

Any news regarding this? :)

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 16, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

yes, it’s started – I’m having issues getting the adapter to do the ‘break’ that is part of the 5 baud init, but once that’s sorted development should be pretty swift

sp00nix
on: May 17, 2012 (GMT)

This is exciting. I do not have a VAG car, but my Volvo does have KKL data lines. I bought a VAGCOM cable just for talking to it, after some wiring, modifications.

tunes
on: May 21, 2012 (GMT)

working on my seat cupra 01

been into cars for over 15 years and into software since i was 8 :) got quite a techy head sometimes lol and always willing to help if i can

gasketse
on: May 23, 2012 (GMT)

I cant wait as well!! I have an Audi A4 b5 1999.5 Model… obd II is not supported on my car..only KW protocol! I hope you guys get that to work! I have a cheap OBD II adapter.

Am I going to need a new adapter ? any ETA for the KW protocol gets to work with Torque?

piemmm
Administrator
on: May 25, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

I’m using the 409.1 usb cable at the moment for testing VW groups proprietary protocol, if other adapters (such as a bluetooth version of this specific cable) come about then it should be possible to add support for that as well, provided there’s documentation.

don’t go and buy anything yet though for this, as I’m still developing it (and getting stuck at being able to generate the correct break ‘init’ pulse)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.074 seconds.

Follow me on twitter