Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » HYUNDAI PID'S

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HYUNDAI PID'S
Carlgrizzly
Post HYUNDAI PID'S
on: April 3, 2021 (GMT)

Hello all you brainy people out there!
Quick question which my grey matter cannot figure out.
My OBD2 works with bluetooth, connects, connects data and al that good stuff.
Then once i attempt to decipher the ancient hieroglyphics, or at least it looks to be ancient Egyption…… I have figured out after the data returned from my Hyundai i10 & the ECU told me exactly what it was capable of Diagnostically and in plain English i had A list of the faults it could and would log if neccessary.
Ok, so heres the thing. I had read numerous posts on the forum and have concluded that its me that has A serious connectivity issue. Reason: I have for A while now overfilling my 35 litre tank and i mean squashing 40+ litres into it to avoid the Fuel shortage problems we’re having in South Africa. Now you lot have permission to wonder what would make an adult do that. No answer from my side :-:-(
So any EVAP Testing i attempt is futile and also incomplete and without any Error Codes.
So lastly: Please tell me i can do something about the Charcoal Canister (Yes, im pretty sure its that, confirmed(almost) by F-150 Torqued.
The tank is always venting and the Purge Valve toward the front works when i apply A 9v tiny battery Current to it but never at any other time.
As i said, throttle body cleaned, all sensors working.
Please…..any ideas?
Thanks people,
Not A tragedy but without the feed forum the vapours, Fuel economy is not helping my tight budget.
Cheers to all
Carl

Love Cars and Gadgets and the Ocean. Live in South Africa

moreause
Post Re: HYUNDAI PID

vapor are not of any help in fuel consumption

it’s a anti pollution thing, charcoil canister store vapor

when engine is hot, vapor are burn’t by the engine

Carlgrizzly

So if its anti pollution then where does the vapor go if it isnt burned by being fed through to the intake manifold? I wonder howvmuch vapor the charcoal canister can hold before it explodes?

moreause
on: April 4, 2021 (GMT)

It will not explode, there is probably a pressure vent some where

when i was younger i got rid of that charcoal canister not knowing what it was …. nothing exploded lol

but the smell of gaz will be more present like an open gaz container

anyway do you have issue with you engine ?? that can happen if the valve open prematurely

or you only have a check engine saying you have an issue ??

Carlgrizzly
on: April 4, 2021 (GMT)

Thank You for that info. I found the Vent Valve and its stuck open. No error on dashboard and I just get acsmell of gas but not all the time.
Fortunately, where I live in South Africa, they dont emissions n on vehicles ever, even change of ownership. That a good and bad thing but I will replace the Vent Valve for the sake of the Ennvironment.
Thanks Buddy
Hope youre enjoying the long weekend

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.

Follow me on twitter