Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Compass problem

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Compass problem
Nitrowolf
Post Compass problem
on: December 28, 2011 (GMT)

So I setup a compass, but there’s a bit of a problem with it… north is always at the top and the needle swings. It’s much more helpful for the compass to move and point the direction I’m headed, with the needle always pointing north.

Any chance of getting this added/changed to allow it to be configurable?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: Compass problem
on: December 29, 2011 (GMT)

Hi!

Another user has also asked for this and it should make it into a release later in the new year

Ian

miniyazz
on: July 14, 2012 (GMT)

Hi and firstly thanks for the great app.

Any update on when the compass will be adjusted? And secondly, my GPS is increasingly unreliable, and it would be very useful to have the option of using the phone’s inbuilt compass – yes it is theoretically subject to interference, but has to be within a few cm of a decent quantity of ferrous metal, and so in practise is actually pretty reliable in my experience.

Thanks again, and hope the ‘vag com’ surrogate is coming along well.

miniyazz
on: July 22, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from miniyazz on July 14, 2012
Any update on when the compass will be adjusted? And secondly, my GPS is increasingly unreliable, and it would be very useful to have the option of using the phone’s inbuilt compass – yes it is theoretically subject to interference, but has to be within a few cm of a decent quantity of ferrous metal, and so in practise is actually pretty reliable in my experience.

Bump :)

Madimant
on: March 24, 2016 (GMT)

Had this ever made it into a release?

svorkoetter
on: November 16, 2017 (GMT)

I don’t think it has. I was just about to report the same bug with the current version of Torque, and saw that it was reported here already.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.

Follow me on twitter