Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » "Special" PIDs for Wrangler TJ

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Special" PIDs for Wrangler TJ
adyrip1
Post "Special" PIDs for Wrangler TJ
on: January 26, 2021 (GMT)

Hello,

I have a 1997 Wrangler TJ and I can read some of the standards emissions sensors. However I am interested in adding additional PIDs but cannot find the specific Chrysler – Jeep ones anywhere.

I have the original service manual and have access to some HEX codes, but how do I go about from that?

For instance I would like to add the PID for oil pressure.I know the sensor for oil pressure sends the message to the ECU but don’t know how to access it.

Thanks for any advice!

F-150Torqued
Post Re: "Special" PIDs for Wrangler TJ
on: January 27, 2021 (GMT)

There is a ‘better than even’ chance that an analogue signal doesn’t exist. The sensor is probably a binary switch that closes about 6-7 lbs.

I have no specific knowledge about Chrysler / Jeep, but that’s the way the Ford F150s are. The PCM watches the switch, and sends signal to the dash module – who presents an analogue gauge that ALWAYS reads just slightly above half way — TO give driver a ‘warm / fuzzy’ feeling!!!

————————

adyrip1
Post Re: "Special" PIDs for Wrangler TJ
on: January 28, 2021 (GMT)

Thanks for the reply.

I know in newer cars that is the case, mine is a bit older, it’s a 97. The oil pressure indicator is moving at idle vs driving.

I had issues with the fluctuation at idle, it was going almost to zero, but after cleaning the connectors on the oil pressure sensor it’s running fine. I think the indication is based like for other sensors on the voltage fluctuation (e.g. o2 sensors).

As far as I found in the manual, the dash indication is based on the feedback from the PCM and it varies.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter