Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Help wanted: DIY Virtual Cockpit Fiat 1.3 M-jet

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help wanted: DIY Virtual Cockpit Fiat 1.3 M-jet
htevents
Post Help wanted: DIY Virtual Cockpit Fiat 1.3 M-jet
on: January 14, 2021 (GMT)

Hello all,

For a project, I had the idea of building a full LCD instrument cluster, using Torque Pro and another (self designed) cluster software. The car used for this project is a Fiat Punto 1.3 Multijet from 2012.

Details of the car and ECU(s):
Fiat Punto 1.3 Multijet 2012 (type 199) DPF removed and disabled, EGR closed and disabled
ECU: Marelli 8F3 CF5/CF5+/EOBD Diesel Injection (1.3)
Dashboard: Concvergence Lauberhorn (Blue & Me)

Important note: This is a non-commercial/non-profit project. All the data and information gathered will be handeled confidential, unless the data and information may be published.

The idea:
Removing the original instrument cluster, remove the front plate and servo’s, then put a (touch)screen in front and connect that to an Android single board pc. Design some hard and software to turn off the screen and put the single board pc into sleep when turning off the car and wake them up when starting the car and I need to build a conventional dashlight strip, to show all the fault lights, etc. There you have it. Easier to say than done, but you get the idea (I hope).

Why I need help and what help do I need:
First of all, the Torque platform has a lot of users, so there might be a lot of information I am looking for. Also because Torque is the most used, the’re a few (third party) developers who have a lot of info, wich I hope they want to (confidentialy) share with me, for this project.

I have knowledge of software and hardware, but less knowledge of the protocols and parameters that cars are using and how to “sniff” them and translate them to usable values. I know you can get a lot of info and real-time data out of a car by the OBD2 protocol. Torque covers a lot of basics like Vehicle speed, RPM, coolant, etc. The help I need is to gather vehicle specific parameters. I know there are plugins for Torque, covering a few vehicle specific parameters for this car, like Advanced EX for Fiat. This is very usable, but I bet there are more specific parameters out there, plus I need to know some of the parameters myself to implement them in the software I am designing myself.

To make a long story short:
If you know anything about the Fiat (Punto 1.3 Multijet 2012) specific OBD2 parameter ID’s and you want to help me by sharing that information, please contact my by private message. I will handle all the information confidentialy, so if you have info that you use commercially, like if you are the developer of the Advanced EX for Fiat plugin, I will not harm you and your business, but I really would like to pull off this project.

If not confidential, maybe one or a few of my questions can already be answered:
– Do Alfa Romeo and Fiat usualy use the same PIDs for their OBD2 protocol? So for example: 2131 Vehicle speed X/128.0 km/h 2 0 2 is used in Alfa’s for vehicle speed, but is this the same for Fiat?
– In the example above there is a PID with PID (2131), PID name (Vehicle speed), Formula/Equation (X*128.0), Units/Result (KM/H), Bytes is response (2), Start from byte (0) and Bytes for calculation (2). If I want to add this PID myself into Torque, what goes where in the input fields?

I realy hope I can get (some) help and pull this off.

With kind regards.

cintakc
Post Re: Help wanted: DIY Virtual Cockpit Fiat 1.3 M-jet

mail address for communication

htevents

My bad, I thought private messages can be done through this forum.
Email can be send to info(dot)htevents(at)gmail(dot)com

I hope this way of typing is ok, due to spam/security issues.

cintakc
on: January 15, 2021 (GMT)

I wrote to you in the mail.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.

Follow me on twitter