Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » TPMS?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TPMS?
crater
Post TPMS?
on: October 1, 2010 (GMT)

Car: Dodge challenger 2010 SE

So i know the TPMS has to be in there somewhere, as currently if tire pressure gets below x (i think 25 psi, give or take) the light comes on in my dash. Now, in the higher trimmed cars with EVIC the display in the dash can actually show live readings of PSI of each tire.

People who have swapped the EVIC gauge into the lower end cars gain this feature… so it is being reported to the ECU on all trim levels. Any way to get this info from the ECU to allow Torque to display PSI levels in all tires?

thumper
Post Re: TPMS?
on: September 14, 2011 (GMT)

I see this is an old post but what about adding TPMS support for those of us that don’t have it as a standard feature of their vehicle. Found the below link and would love to see it able to display and log within Torque.

Anyone willing to make a plugin or maybe add it to the core?

http://androidincar.com/accessories.html

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 14, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

I’ve requested more information from them. There may be a limitation with the number of concurrent bluetooth connections from *some* android handsets, but I don’t see why this can’t be developed as a plugin which provides information to the core app, or as part of the core app.

I’ll wait for them to get back to me with more information. I’ve also been looking for android double-din radio’s for some time. Looks like they sell them too. Could be interesting.

thumper
on: September 15, 2011 (GMT)

That’s great, let us know if it looks doable..

thumper
on: September 19, 2011 (GMT)

Any news on this? I take it they sent the protocol, does it look doable?

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 19, 2011 (GMT)

Well documented protocol. Support shouldn’t be too difficult, however the is a small consideration with the handset (it must be able to support multiple bluetooth connections (some older android handsets dont do this too well))

The TPMS module they have is serial out, however they mention it should be compatible with bluetooth to serial converters.

A plugin should be a doddle to do, however I won’t be starting it until I can get hold of one of these units (and a bluetooth to serial adapter)

thumper
on: September 23, 2011 (GMT)

Glad to hear they sent the Protocol. Let us know when you get it working. My tablet has USB host and Serial so once I see a plugin I’ll buy one and test it too.

hockeyanimal18
on: November 14, 2011 (GMT)

I’m looking at buying winter tires for my 2011 Mitsubishi eclipse. I haven’t looked into it that much, but from what I read, it looks like you need to program the sensor numbers into the ecu. Anyone think an app is capable of this using torque?

thumper
on: January 23, 2012 (GMT)

Any update on this plugin? See they sent the protocol back in Sept, plugin coming soon?

Dick Frot
on: December 16, 2013 (GMT)

Did the TPMS discussion ever go anywhere ? I would like to be able to update the computer through a torque plugin, with TPMS addresses, instead of trying to figure out what to send …
(2012 Honda CR-V)

Thanks, Dick

Scavenger
on: November 18, 2014 (GMT)

Has this gone anywhere? Just put the winters on my 2013 CRV and the TPMS light is on. I hate paying to have them recalibrated every time I change the tires. Thanks.

citroen4jojo
on: January 21, 2022 (GMT)

How to determine the right PIDs for my tires (Citroen C5 III X7 2013)?
Are there any software to read de K-Line (KWP-Protocol)?
Other idea?
Thanks!

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.06 seconds.

Follow me on twitter