Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » real advantage about BlueDriver instead of cheap Adapter+Torque?

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: real advantage about BlueDriver instead of cheap Adapter+Torque?
S0LlDSNAKE
Post real advantage about BlueDriver instead of cheap Adapter+Torque?
on: January 6, 2021 (GMT)

Hi,

I was wondering if any set-up with a cheap OBDII (ELM327) and Torque was less effective than a bluedriver configuration (device+app) ?

How to explain the Bluedriver’s price ?

Because I use Torque with a cheap device (buy 7€ on amazon) but I’m in trouble with many PID…

I would like to know if the option Bluedriver (and maybe bluledriver+Torque) could be more effective, or exactly the same ? (in the case of it’s the association ECU/ELM327 that it make the efficiency… whatever the device…)

Thanks.

F-150Torqued
Post Re: real advantage about BlueDriver instead of cheap Adapter+Torque?

If you’re “in trouble with many PID” with Torque and a cheap dongle – I suspect BlueDriver would give trouble with those same PIDs you are having trouble with.

It’s not the dongle/Torque combination – if it will read anything. It is the vehicle manufacturers ‘assignment’ of PIDs for sensors and parameters OUTSIDE of the governmental mandated emission and environmental control issues. Just about ANY reader will read those standard ones. Torque is the only one ‘that I know of’ that allows you to ADD custom / non-standard PIDs —— IF YOU CAN FIND THE INFORMATION FOR YOUR SPECIFIC VEHICLE.

S0LlDSNAKE
Post Re: real advantage about BlueDriver instead of cheap Adapter+Torque?

Thank you.

Well, that’s what I figured…

I doubted for a moment because the price could be justified by some extra PIDs from “Equipment And Tool Institute” specific for certain cars …

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.

Follow me on twitter