Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ca-fi

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ca-fi
jdwk
Post Re: ca-fi
on: August 16, 2012 (GMT)

So are they going to offer this version for the 620 owners out there?
I am holding out for reviews on the cap touch screen, but would be nice to know the company is looking out for their early adopters.

piemmm
Administrator
on: August 16, 2012 (GMT)

I have the cap touchscreen on my desk – it’s a very nice unit and Torque runs well on it (it’s been tailored to the unit :))

Soffball
on: September 24, 2012 (GMT)

I just installed the Ca-Fi (2.2 froyo version) into my car and was wondering if the OBD2/bluetooth issue had been solved yet and if not…has anyone gotten the OBD2/USB to work.

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 25, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

There may be a Torque update coming this weekend that sorts out a few issues for users using the new ca-fi unit and have google play installed on it as well

Frant11
on: September 26, 2012 (GMT)

hello;

I bought a car PC Android 2.3, 1.0 Ghz, of antohther different company Ca Fi. It has to arrive to me. I also bought this USB OBD2 http://www.ebay.es/itm/120977131573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5934wt_1344

The responsible of the Ca Fi company told me that you can connect a hub USB to connect the dongler WiFi and USB OBD2 at the same time. I have to try it…

Soffball
on: September 26, 2012 (GMT)

Thanks for the info and the link. I wonder if that will work for the 2.2 Ca-Fi. Its cheap enough to wear I just might get it anyway.

Butcher
on: September 27, 2012 (GMT)

Hey Guys,
have just received my new unit. I have also a hub on the backside of the unit and it works fine. Good job guys.

piemmm
Administrator
on: September 28, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!
Make sure that the USB ELM327 adapter you get uses an ‘FTDI’ usb to serial chip and you should be fine

Frant11
on: September 28, 2012 (GMT)

mi car pc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feUz0KjlA_o&feature=plcp

njgilligan
on: October 4, 2012 (GMT)

I am having trouble using torque on my Ca Fi 620000 unit. I have the usb adapter connected, and the lights illuminate briefly when it is connected, but torque does not recognize the obd2 adapter. I think I may have installed an update to torque from the google play marketplace, could this be the problem? If so, where can I download a copy of the software designed specifically for the Ca Fi unit?

Frant11

do you have a usb opcion in your torque version?

njgilligan

The option is TTY (xxx usb xxx) or something like that.

Frant11
on: October 6, 2012 (GMT)

my torque version have usb bluetooth and wifi

piemmm
Administrator
on: October 7, 2012 (GMT)

Hi !

This will only work with Ca-Fi radio units – you will require one of the units which Torque is supported on to get torque to work on it

Frant11

mi radio is same ca fi

njgilligan
Post problem solved

I was using a USB hub to connect the obd2 adapter and wifi adapter at once. Turns out one of the ports on the USB hub was bad. All set now!

Pages: 1 [2]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.084 seconds.

Follow me on twitter