Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » ca-fi

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ca-fi
ericstob
Post ca-fi
on: December 23, 2011 (GMT)

Anyone has used torque with ca-fi?
Other android based head units?
parrot asteroid?

piemmm
Administrator
Post Re: ca-fi
on: December 23, 2011 (GMT)

Hi

I’m looking at getting the ca-fi radio (for myself to use as well) so you should see something good there…

The Parrot units (last time I checked) didn’t use touchscreen, but had a key based system for controlling what was going on. At the moment both free and pro versions don’t support non-touchscreen devices (though if I ever get hold of one of these radios, that may change)

zr2ee
on: December 26, 2011 (GMT)

looks like their lower end unit released the beginning of this month with a 800Mhz core and 256mb ram, i ran torque with my orginal moto droid without issues so i would think this unit would handle it fine but it most likely does have alot of other services running like radio, gps, etc

i’m really interested in this unit since my streak 7 dash install hasn’t gone well but currently there are no reviews or video’s of this unit in action and they are speculated to release a 1.2Ghz 512mb ram version in the spring…i have a hard time throwing down 0 on something new and untested but the temptation is high.

one thing i would like to be able to do with a dedicated unit like this is setup a maint schedule and history using the odometer reading and other sensors for things like fluids, brakes, etc.

piemmm
Administrator
on: December 26, 2011 (GMT)

Torque should be okay (just about) on a 320MHz device so you should have bags of room with 800MHz for it, you just need to make sure the connectivity options (bluetooth, usb, etc) are supported by the hardware

The maintenance thing is a good idea – someone could write a plugin for that (shouldn’t be too diffifcult), I’ll do a plugin at some point (if someone hasn’t beaten me to writing a torque plugin!) :)

zr2ee
on: December 27, 2011 (GMT)

i’d love to learn and do something like that myself, i’d just have to find and take the time to do it. i’d essentially be learning and starting from scratch. maybe once i finish my spring school semester i’ll jump in and start learning the ways

by the way i just took the dive and ordered the 620 unit…it’ll either be the best or worst 800 i’ve ever spent but i’ll let you know once it comes in and can make a review/test it for you

zr2ee
on: January 4, 2012 (GMT)

my new CA-FI unit just showed up, i’ve uploaded a unboxing video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgka_6PfV_I&feature=player_embedded

i’ll be doing a review tomorrow hopefully if it’s not too dark

zr2ee
on: January 7, 2012 (GMT)

updated with a first boot video, i just got the market added with torque and a few other customizations, i’ll be doing a more in depth review later

http://youtu.be/TGTVWU1kaj0

zr2ee
on: January 21, 2012 (GMT)

so finally started messing around with torque but unfortunately the bluetooth adapter doesn’t work with this unit due to the way the bluetooth is setup, i’ve seen that Ian has added support for USB adapters as well but i dont know which ones would work or if it would work at all. apparently innotrends has been in contact with him.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 22, 2012 (GMT)

There’s an update due out anytime from tomorrow onwards which adds baud rate support to the USB adapters (which basically means it will then support all of them)

It supports all of them now, but if you’re using a clone adpater you will need to setup the baudrate to 115200 in the eeprom(permanent) memory of the adapter before the app will see it. The scantool OBDLink usb adapter will just work however

zr2ee
on: January 23, 2012 (GMT)

i’m all for things that just work, i’ll look into that adapter and see if i can’t pick one up soon….*EDIT* holy crap it’s 150 dollars, maybe i will settle for a clone.

so far i’m really liking this unit, a few things that i would change but i’m already working on that.

piemmm
Administrator
on: January 23, 2012 (GMT)

Hi!

The update is now out which now supports baud rate selection for USB adapters

paja
on: January 27, 2012 (GMT)

Quote from zr2ee on January 21, 2012
……unfortunately the bluetooth adapter doesn’t work with this unit due to the way the bluetooth is setup…

What the problem with pairing of BT ELM327? ca-fi not see it?

zr2ee
on: February 23, 2012 (GMT)

no unfortunately due to the way they were forced to integrate the bluetooth chip in order for hands free calling to work the bluetooth is only good for streaming audio and hands free communication and is unable to connect to OBDII bluetooth devices.

however with the recent USB update this shouldn’t be a problem, i have yet to purchase a USB adapter but should be picking one up soon to test this out.

zr2ee
on: March 30, 2012 (GMT)

i picked up a ebay USB OBDII adapter in the mail today, hooked it up to the unit and have been trying to get it to connect but no such luck so far. status shows connecting to usb (1), tried several different protocol options in the profile settings as i haven’t been able to find what the actual protocol of my 06 toyota tacoma is other than canbus.

not quite sure if this is just due to the unit being a 2.2 OS and not having drivers for a OBDII adapter or otherwise. standard settings don’t let me change USB settings due to the OS version. has anyone else had dealings with this?

piemmm
Administrator
on: March 31, 2012 (GMT)

Hi

Keep the USB adapter – it will work with the unit, but there needs to be some work done in the app first, for USB in android 2.2 support (though USB in android 3.1 above will work fine)

zr2ee
on: April 1, 2012 (GMT)

sounds good thanks for the quick reply, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something that i was doing on my end. i’ll keep my eyes open

thanks for all the hard work

zr2ee
on: April 8, 2012 (GMT)

came across this video: http://youtu.be/x7hz306woVQ
and saw that there was an update for select 2.2 devices so i gave my USB adapter another shot the other day, however i haven’t been successful so far.

i hooked into both the rear and front USB ports and tested several different baud rates with the same results, the power lights up but none of the others ever light. Torque does recognize the CA-FI USB setup, i still have to try it with my laptop.

the baud rate is the ping with the adapter correct? i believe it should be 38400 as several others have mentioned with these ebay clones, here is mine:http://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-5-ELM327-USB-OBDII-OBD2-CAN-BUS-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-Tool-/320883505146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab625b7fa

after changing baud rate it asks you to disconnect and re-connect, i’m assuming it’s requiring you to unplug and reconnect the adapter to the USB and restart the program as i’ve read in other posts.

piemmm
Administrator

Ha, nice video find :-)

The market version won’t connect properly so don’t expect it to work just yet for your unit as it may require some tweaks, but it is working with the special version of Torque specifically for their radio – so you’ll see things move on this ‘real soon now’ once some fine-print is sorted out

zr2ee

ah gotcha my bad, guess i’m a little antsy lol.

zr2ee
on: July 18, 2012 (GMT)

looks like innotrends is promoting it’s new ca-fi model with torque pre-installed WOOT WOOT! i saw in the press release that this is a customized version specifically for their hardware apparently.

i’m curious if current models will be able to take advantage of this or there is special hardware requirements that we would have to purchase the new model?

Pages: [1] 2
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.068 seconds.

Follow me on twitter