Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Round, digital gauge

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Round, digital gauge
Boznian2
Post Round, digital gauge **BIG EDIT**
on: November 2, 2020 (GMT)

So it occurred to me that many of you probably think I am nuts and/or don’t know what I am talking about regarding a round, digital gauge because if you don’t have the need or ability to view EGT you have never seen one:

So it appears that by quirk or by design or by bug a digital EGT gauge comes out round and all others come out square? So does anyone know a way to use that round display with another data source? CAPP777 where are you??
I may be causing confusion in calling it a gauge when in reality it is the “digital display” as opposed to the dials or graphs.

All displays were created the same way, as ‘tiny’ digital displays. Here it is in use on my main screen:

[Original post:]
Silly question I should be able to figure out, but obviously haven’t: I have a round, digital EGT gauge that I made maybe a year ago and for the life of me can’t figure out how to make a new, round digital gauge for GPS speed (or anything else). All the digital gauges are square – how do I make a round one again?

Boznian2
Post Re: Round, digital gauge
on: November 3, 2020 (GMT)

OK, well that explains why I didn’t remember it. Selecting a digital gauge for “Catalyst Temperature” *automatically* results in a round, digital gauge. Everything else comes out square. Why, I don’t know. Sure wish we had a choice to create a round gauge for ANY digital display. Anyone have an idea?

Boznian2
on: November 14, 2020 (GMT)

I am frankly stunned that none of you have an interest in replicating a round, digital, numeric gauge in place of the square ones? Surely this would be useful to others if it could be figured out…

dimau65

press real time information, then point with yr finger on the black screen – you will see the message “add display”. After that, you can choose the round shape. Do you have Anroid 11 smartphone?

Boznian2

My device is Android 7 but I don’t see how that would make any difference. Nowhere have I ever seen any option for choosing the style of a digital gauge, nor have I ever seen one on anyone else’s layout…

I may be causing confusion in calling it a gauge when in reality it is the “digital display” as opposed to the dials or graphs.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.

Follow me on twitter