Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » fast cheap adapter

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: fast cheap adapter
RustyShackleford
Post can
on: October 21, 2020 (GMT)

I am successfully logging data to a CSV file, but it’s providing new values only about every 1.6-1.7 sec, regardless of how I set “File Logging Interval”, or checking “Faster Communication” in “Settings”.

This is on a 2006 Subaru, using this adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJRYMFC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am wondering how I can get faster data, preferably as high as the 10 per second max rate that Torque Pro seems to support. Is the problem likely to be my vehicle’s ECU, or would getting a different OBD2-Bluetooth adapter perhaps give me what I want ? Do I need to purchase one of the hundred-plus dollar ones listed at the Wiki, or are any of the cheaper ones known to support the higher data rates ?

cintakc
Post Re: fast cheap adapter
on: October 30, 2020 (GMT)

the fewer devices you leave on the main screen of the dashboard, up to one and will write it to the csv file, the faster the polling speed should be

RustyShackleford

Thanks. Any idea what sampling rate might be achievable ? Shall I assume that reducing the number of variables logged to the CSV file would also help ?

cintakc

need to try

moreause
on: October 31, 2020 (GMT)

your setup seem’s awfully slow

i see 30 to 35 pid per seconds in the status menu

i found in the past that custom pid would slow down the rate alots but not to that extent

i sample at .1 second with no big issue

RustyShackleford
on: November 2, 2020 (GMT)

Removing all displays from the main screen (though it still insists upon displaying RPM) helps some, giving me about one update per second. Right now I’m logging 7 PIDs, so I’m still getting a lot less than 30-35 per second.

Any thoughts what else could be wrong ? I guess the OBD2-BLE widget is the most likely suspect (hence my thread title), but anything else to try first ?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.

Follow me on twitter