Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » no manpage users manual

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: no manpage users manual
RustyShackleford
Post no manpage users manual
on: October 4, 2020 (GMT)

So, there is no user’s manual or manpage for this thing ? I’ve searched all over here, and I find a link which is broken, and something that looks like the start of a wiki page. Just a basic description of the screens and what the icons mean ?

RustyShackleford
Post Re: no manpage users manual
on: October 4, 2020 (GMT)

Failing this, could anyone explain the meaning of the 3 or 4 icnons (blinking or solid) at the top of the screen ? I’m having trouble getting connected to my OBD2 adapter, and it might be helpful to know what these icons mean.

moreause
on: October 5, 2020 (GMT)

just go on the main page
and click on adapater status
you have what you need in plain text

ps…people these days ..asking for a 200$ service on a 5$ app

just by looking at the logo i can deduce this

1 gps active
2 bluetooth active
3 connected to bluetooth dongle
4 connected to ecu

in my case if i leave bluetooth on …. android will remove the device from the list and have to pair again

so i leave bluetooth off …and use android auto to turn it on
and tasker to activate torque on detection on android auto

Capp777

GPS, your device, adapter and ecu.
Solid means okay and working.

Look under Adapter Status icon to see
connection progress.

RustyShackleford

Thanks for the helpful replies, guys.

Dunno about expecting two-hundred dollar service on this product though. How long did it take you guys to help me here ? I imagine the developer could’ve easily made a reasonably helpful user manual (not as complete or polished as I’d expect for a 0 app) with a day’s work.

moreause

do you have a manual for your 1000$ phone ??

probably not… you just play with it

torque is mostly intuitive …. it doesn’t take a genius to figure it out

there is some intruction on the site but they could be better
i’m sure i have seen somethong about those 4 indicators in the past

RustyShackleford

So, doing the math, he’s got 64,000+ purchasers, so let’s say a handsome year’s pay of three-hundred K or so (maybe I’m mistaken, but probably not a lot of overhead). Seems like a week spent making a user’s manual isn’t a crazy thing to hope for.

But I’m arguing just for the sake of arguing. For five dollars, this thing looks like it’s gonna be more than a bargain – I’m just getting frustrated trying to get it working. Probably the people making all these OBD2 Bluetooth widgets, and the lack reliable info about which ones do and don’t work with various automobiles and apps, is who I should focus my frustration upon.

Also, maybe I’m simple … but why all dollar sums zeroed out here ?

moreause

did you try other software ??

some car need some init string or some other less obvious command

i never had such issue, but i know it’s out there

anyway with the status menu, you should be able to do it

ps… not sure about your question about the zeroed sum …. probably some psychological reason… a zeroed sum does not have the same impact as an .99 ou .95 price lol

RustyShackleford

Oddly, I un-installed TorquePro in frustration, at the same time I made my OP. I decided to re-install it and try to make it work (by getting a different OBD2-Bluetooth adapter, or something). But now it just works (with the same adapter as before).

Pretty sure I didn’t do anything different. Only thing, possibly the three actions of: (1) turning on the ignition, (2) plugging in the adapter to the OBD port, (3) starting up TorquePro – were not performed in the same sequence. Not certain, but I believe I did it in the sequence 2-1-3 before, and 1-2-3 today.

RustyShackleford
on: October 8, 2020 (GMT)

I’ve got this working now, and I have to say it’s pretty awesome. (I felt the need to say this after the indignant tone of my OP).

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.045 seconds.

Follow me on twitter