Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » elm 327 usb adapter

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: elm 327 usb adapter
EVTrike
Post Re: elm 327 usb adapter
on: September 2, 2017 (GMT)

Hi

New here, great info everywhere on the forum BTW so apologies if my question has already been asked.

I have an Arduino 2650 Mega happily communicating with Torque Pro via bluetooth (HC06), it took me a little while reading up how to go about it but very pleased when I got it working, so thanks for all the info.

I then read that Torque Pro will talk to some USB connected ELM327 OBDII readers, this got me thinking I should try to connect the same Arduino code via USB instead of Bluetooth, OTG Host cable etc.

I downloaded ArduinoCommander, ArduinoDroid and Android USB Serial Lite.

Downloading these apps installs the serial drivers, allows the Arduino to be enumerated etc, When I open the serial monitor I can see the Arduino sending serial comms through the OTG USB port and it arriving in the Serial Monitor.

So things I know to be true are:

1) My Android device works in host mode.
2) Android can enumerate the Arduino USB bridge correctly.
3) Serial data from the Arduino is seen in my Android serial
monitor, presumably as a virtual serial port.

From what I’ve read Torque Pro needs to see a Prolific or FTDI USB bridge.

I think the Arduino Mega256 uses a ATmega16U2 for the uart to USB bridge.

Given that I can see there is a driver path, i.e. I can even program the Arduino from my Android Phone using ArduinoDroid, is it possible to get Torque Pro to use the Arduino virtual serial port driver that is installed with ArduinoDroid.

Torque Pro does see the Arduino, asks to set as default app for the device, but never properly connects. No compatible devices are available. Although it clearly keeps trying to connect.

I have not yet to setup a loopback so that I can see if Torque is sending data, this could just be a protocol issue. I’ve set the baud rate to automatic, also set the Arduino code to 115200 and Torque to 115200. So I don’t think its a baud rate problem.

The bluetooth connection works great, using mode 6 (CANBUS) 11/500.

Any info for USB connection appreciated, maybe which protocols Torque Pro tries to connect with via USB? , relevant threads etc.

Thanks for reading

EVT

EVTrike
on: September 2, 2017 (GMT)

Hi

Thought I should add the USB info for the Arduino.
Any and all clues appreciated.

EVT

Device ID: 1002
Device Name: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
Device Class: Communications and CDC Control(0x02)
Device Sub Class: Reserved(0x00)
Device Protocol: Unknown(0x00)
Vendor ID: 9025(Arduino SA)
Product ID: 66(Mega 2560 R3 (CDC ACM))
Interface Count: 2
———————————————–
Interface ID: 0
Interface Class: Communications and CDC Control(0x02)
Interface Sub Class: Abstract (modem) Control Model(0x02)
Interface Protocol: AT-commands (v.25ter)(0x01)
Interface Endpoint Count: 1
======================================
Endpoint Number: 2
Endpoint Address: 130
Endpoint Direction: IN
Endpoint Interval: 255
Endpoint Max Packet Size: 8
Endpoint Type: Interrupt endpoint type
———————————————–
Interface ID: 1
Interface Class: CDC-Data(0x0a)
Interface Sub Class: Unused(0x00)
Interface Protocol: Unknown(0x00)
Interface Endpoint Count: 2
Endpoint Number: 4
Endpoint Address: 4
Endpoint Direction: OUT
Endpoint Interval: 1
Endpoint Max Packet Size: 64
Endpoint Type: Bulk endpoint type
Endpoint Number: 3
Endpoint Address: 131
Endpoint Direction: IN
Endpoint Interval: 1
Endpoint Max Packet Size: 64
Endpoint Type: Bulk endpoint type

steffen
on: June 6, 2019 (GMT)

I have a
0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC
as the thread starter but cannot connect using all of the baud rates. How to solve this? The thread starter mentioned a boud rate of 38400 8-N-1. But I cannot set in the app.

santa2003007
on: June 9, 2019 (GMT)

USB adapter on my PIC18F25K80 chip and the FTDI RS232 Converter.
I connect to can not.
Android USB Adapter sees the program Torque tries to connect but can’t.

Vasilich
on: July 23, 2019 (GMT)

@piemmm
is there any chance to fix USB driver for FTDI and Prolific USB OBD adapters?
I have same problem – no connection to ECU from Torque, though it works with other software on same headunit.

F-150Torqued
on: July 23, 2019 (GMT)

^^^^^^^^^ SAME PLEA ^^^^^^^ X 100

The FTDI USB adapter has the HS / LS switch built in and seems it would expand Torque’s ultimate capability. Also the additional speed achievable by USB interface would be helpful in lots of instances.

Please.

(we’ll even pay more)

———————

rs5sc
on: January 5, 2021 (GMT)

Hi, i wanted to check prior to purchasing whether the USB adapter from OBDlink (SX) would work with my android device.

The device is a little bit of an odd one as it’s a custom Aliexpress tablet that connects to my Audi’s MMI system…

but! it does have USB ports, when i connected a flash drive to one with some photos and videos on it, it reads it fine via a file manager, it runs android 9.0.

The only concern is that when i run the “USB Host Check” app, it says “OK” to the first line “android.hardware.usb.host.xml” but it says “USB host not enabled under “handheld_core_hardware.xml” and “not found” under “tablet_core_hardware.xml”…

I’m sorry but I’m not a programmer so a little “green” at this… do you think it should work? (judging that the android version is above 4.0 and that the USB flash drive works, i would have though “yes” but the USB Host Check app threw me off a little…)

Thanks very much in advance!!!

sanat
on: July 30, 2021 (GMT)

How to make Torque work with elm327 usb at 500K baud?
There is no such option in the settings.

My elm327 usb only runs at 500K baud with android.

The automatic speed option does not work.

sanat
on: August 5, 2021 (GMT)

How to make Torque work with elm327 usb at 500K baud?
There is no such option in the settings.

My elm327 usb only runs at 500K baud with android.

The automatic speed option does not work.

https://a.d-cd.net/ZsE2C1DUNMByZGm66VlyyTj2JTA-1920.jpg

Zed Hed
on: May 19, 2023 (GMT)

I have the same USB issue I had Torque and Racingmeter working through Bluetooth on Android 11 head unit and Android 11 add on tablet through Bluetooth. Racingmeter is FAR TOO LAGGY to be much use Racingmeter only needed used on tablet. To speed this up I got an elm 327 USB cable. This connects BIG GREEN TICK but will not connect to ECU Cars profile comes up but just flashes I have dissconected and reconnected STILL THE SAME Set Baud rate as my ELMs advisement and also tried auto Baud rate. I bought a second USB ELM of a different brand to eliminate. This acts exactly the same. Even removed the USB 4 way hub and plugged direct to each of the two USB head unit tails STILL THE SAME ! OBD Protocol is correct as worked correctly before on head unit tablet and phone. What do I try next ?

Vasilich
on: May 23, 2023 (GMT)

Zed Hed,
pls edit your post so that other can understand it (there are some English mistakes that bad so i cannot imagine what you have meant with it).
Concerning ELM adapter: what car brand/model/year do you have, and what says ELMScan adapter validator for your adapter? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elmscansoft.elmscanadaptervalidator post screenshot of it here.

Zed Hed
on: May 26, 2023 (GMT)

Me England good spoke not ? SO SORRY MY SERIOUS DYSLEXIA OFFENDS YOU Some of us have to live with it and WE DO KNOW ALL ABOUT IT THANKS

! Did not realise I could get in trouble with THIS FORUMS GRAMAR POLICE !

Torqe has recognised the adaptor and accepts it and as said BIG GREEN TICK all adaptor info readable on Torque. Just will not connect to ECU Or Maybe YOU HAVE A PROBLEM READING ? Might just be a lack of tech savvy on your part. ? If so why am I eaplaining this to you. BTW tried my best to explain in your first grade level of understanding.

Vasilich
on: May 26, 2023 (GMT)

1. I have asked you about your car model etc – have you answered it?
2. I have asked to check your adapter with ELMScan adapter validator and post screenshot of test here – have you made it?
3. Try to be not so rude and accept that you either have dysgraphia or you need to better check what you wrote before sending it: the words in your last post like “realise”, “Torqe”, “recognised”, “eaplaining”, “GRAMAR” etc. are not exist in English. So your “tried my best” is definitively not enough for you to be able to speak/write correct English. Moreover, i have ignored syntax errors as far as I could understand what have you meant, but you seemingly ignore/skip many punctuation signs, and that makes understanding of your written sentences even more hard (if possible at all).
4. your assumption on “lack of tech savvy on your part” is based on what?

Noone will be able to help you if you won’t deliver information asked (and i have asked that info not without reason – i have enough experience on using different ELM327 and other adapters on different car brands/models and know the optimal diagnosis track). So either you give us the asked information, or you can try to repeat your “as said BIG GREEN TICK all adaptor info”, giving no information at all, on other forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.046 seconds.

Follow me on twitter