Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Extended PIDs

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Extended PIDs
NunyaBiznas
Post Extended PIDs
on: September 29, 2010 (GMT)

New to torque – my first and only app purchase.

Thanks for the amazing app Ian!

I’d like to learn more about these extended PIDs. Can anyone recommend a good reading source on PIDs?

Is there a place where someone has begun compiling the proprietery extended codes that people have stumbled across or been able to figure out?

I’ve come across a few links that read ‘click here for a list of extended PIDs’ but when you click on them the link is dead. Is that because the manufacturers demand they be pulled down or not enough interest?

Maybe someone here who has figured out some of the extended PIDs could start a thread and the rest of us could add to it if we discover any.

Running android 2.2 on Droid
Primary vehicle 2006 GMC Sierra

CALNURS
Post Re: Extended PIDs
on: January 4, 2011 (GMT)

I’m wondering if I can take my car to the dealer and have them map my PID’s to a print out of my vehicle? Wonder if this is possible.

2006 Pontiac GTO with Magnacharger MP112

mcberger50
on: January 6, 2011 (GMT)

I have also been on the hunt for enhanced PIDs for my 06 Silverado. Many in the preloaded GM set don’t work for me. So far no luck but I’m still digging.

Integrexman

When you say PID’s do you mean what this thread lists?

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=42231

piemmm
Administrator

Nope, those are fault code (DTC) lists

PIDs should look something like:

MODE, PID, Formula, Unit
0x22, 0x11 0x2C, A+B *100, Litres

Regards,

Ian

amund
on: January 7, 2011 (GMT)

I have an 2008 Isuzu D-max 3.0 TD, it would be nice to see the transmission temp and some other stuff. I thought since they are in the GM system as had quite a lot to do with the Chevy Duramax engine that the GM extended pid’s would work, but nope.

One thing I miss is the common rail pressure, I know the ECU controls it but fuel pressure in torque gives ‘no data’. Other than that, everything works (except the throttle position, but that’s not really important for me)

So I wonder where to find these PIDs? I have had zero luck so far finding ANYTHING other than the standard sales brochures and some thailandic forum threads about this truck… how does one find these PIDs? They are usually listed… where? Trial and error with Torque? Guesswork? Hack into a brand specific code reader?

drberto
on: May 16, 2011 (GMT)

I am also new to torque and also searching for pids for my Opel Insignia 1.6T

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.

Follow me on twitter