Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Numbers of gear ratios and volumetric efficiency

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Numbers of gear ratios and volumetric efficiency
Deemos
Post Numbers of gear ratios and volumetric efficiency
on: March 6, 2020 (GMT)

Hello, I want to find the volumetric efficiency percentage of my car to put in vehicle profile settings of Torque Pro(I leave it as default 85%), but, I can’t find anything on the internet to put the correct number and therefore correct readings of volumetric efficiency percentage. Does know anyone the number of it? I have a Skoda Octavia in 3rd series generation(A7 E5, 2013-2020)in prefacelift(2013-2017), model TDI Greenline, with diesel engine 1,6L and 81kW power output(110PS, 109HP). Also, I can’t find anything about the gear transmision ratios, I have a 5-speed manual transmition, but I can’t find the correct number ratios of each gear(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, reverse), plus final drive(differential). I find this:

1st 3,78:1

2nd 2,06:1

3rd 1,35:1

4th 0,97:1

5th 0,74:1

reverse 3,60:1

final drive differential: 3,39:1

but, I’m sure that are wrong numbers because I test the car to reach maximum(top)speed, the app shows 200km/h and 3901rpm, shows that is longer the 5th gear compare to above 5th gear number(closed ratio). Also, there’s no much detailed information about my model version that I have, I very usually found the same model version(TDI Greenline prefacelift model)with 6-speed, or with 5-speed but with 77kW power output(105PS).

moreause
Post Re: Numbers of gear ratios and volumetric efficiency
on: March 7, 2020 (GMT)

volumetric efficiency change from with rpm and boost pressure

0.85 is a average in normal driving

for the speed don’t forget the wheel size in the equation

Deemos
Post Re: Numbers of gear ratios and volumetric efficiency
on: March 11, 2020 (GMT)

In setting menu, there is a option for VE(volumetric efficiency)that let you allowing to enter the correct number of it, so that the calculations are always correctly about the volumetric efficiency. If you see that is saying “normally is 85%”, and so, I leave it as it(default), but I don’t know if the measuring numbers are correctly or not. That’s my question too.

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.

Follow me on twitter