Torque

Forums

Forums

Show or hide header
Welcome Guest, posting in this forum require registration.

Torque » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / Ideas » Hummer H3

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hummer H3
tearsxshallxfall
Post Hummer H3
on: November 29, 2011 (GMT)

Has anyone tried this app on an H3? I have a 2007 Hummer H3 3.7 5cyl running the torque app with elm327 and cannot recieve much more than speed, mpg, rpm and volts. My vin comes up but the make does not. My Mpg avg is reading 29mpgs and that is WAY off. (i am probably getting 13). Any Idea what i am missing?

BoultVolt
Post Re: Hummer H3
on: November 30, 2011 (GMT)

Don’t have a hummer, but if you have the paid app (or the 15min test version) the setup menu will allow (last entry) to add custom PIDs, one set of which is for GM.. that might give you more. It gave me access to lots more fields in my Chevy.

MPG also depends on getting the right parms, engine size and such in your config.

piemmm
Administrator
on: November 30, 2011 (GMT)

Engine displacement and Fuel type are very important if you want to calculate MPG effectively, there is also an option in the OBD2 Adapter Settings called ‘Enhanced MPG calculation’ which uses more sensors.

There’s also an MPG adjustment field in the app if you feel the MPG is off, there are a few reasons for it being off (mostly sensors not being supported so the calculation has to fall back a level, in this case you may need to use the adjuster in the vehicle profile)

Next version will have some ‘help’ items in it as I am finally starting to populate the wiki

george A
on: August 22, 2014 (GMT)

Guys, need help. I just got the Excel OBD2 scanner but communicating with my car. Only the power light goes on and the other two flashes from time to time. I tried it on my other car and it did work fine. The question is this device work on the Hummer H3? 2007/ 3.7L . I dont have any issue in the car so i dont think there is problem with the CAN. I checked the voltage and found 12.38 v and the CAN shows 0.4 v.
please help.

Capp777
on: August 22, 2014 (GMT)

Is it possible that your vehicle uses
VPW protocol?

Does your adapter support VPW?

Pages: [1]
WP-Forum by: Fredrik Fahlstad, Version: 2.4
Page loaded in: 0.022 seconds.

Follow me on twitter